𝟷. ʜᴇʏ ɢᴜʏs ɪ'ᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ

"Fuck!" I exclaim turning around swiftly, shocked by my own sudden outburst.

Ethan raised a brow at me before shaking his head to continue what he was doing.

The silence is too loud.

"Sorry..." I turn back to look at what was meant to be scrambled eggs but was already black and burnt. "Sorry for cussing."

"It's fine," he replies me, eyes still focused on his book before adjusting his frames well. "That happens once in a while."

I nod even though his attention wasn't on me, mind swirling and twirling with flowing ideas.

Toast? No no no, we had that last night.

Bread and jelly? Lucy thinks jelly is messed up.

Chicken salad? Bad idea.

Mac and cheese? ...

"Guys what do you think about the all school lunch?" I say rather loudly.

It was currently way past 6am and when I sneaked out of the bed to prepare them for school, my little cute brats followed suit talking about how they forget to do something the night before.

"Wouldn't that take a lot of time?" Lucy considers, popping her head up from the couch to look at me.

"It would...but I don't care. What do you think about that?" I ask again, firmer this time. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the mother in this relationship or my kids are.

"That'd be fine, but what about apple cheese wraps?" Ethan suggests, finally looking from his book and I peer in it only to see him making calculations.

I've never seen someone who whiles away time by solving maths equations and calculations but then I met Ethan.

"That's not a bad idea," I tap my chin, considering the idea. "Any ideas Lucy?"

She lifts her head from the couch, flipping her straight black hair behind her back. "What about banana muffin with boiled egg?"

"Sounds good, but we're running out of banana..."

They both look at each other, signalling and using the twins connection to communicate without any words being said.

"We'd stick with the all school lunch mom," Ethan finally announces. "I'd go with orange."

"Mom you already know my color."

"Alright!" I get to work packing their all color lunchbox, humming a song in my peace and going through my plans of today in my mind.