F I F T E E N

Two weeks had gone by and I never left his room . Everyone would pass through - Izumi would bring Isaac and I would cuddle under Shisui at night feeling his ever cold body on mine . I was tucked under his arm one night as I cried wishing he might just hug me back or move an inch and I feel asleep and got up the next morning with tears streaming down my face . Just then I felt a warm thumb wipe away my tears and I looked up to see a toothy grin beaming down at me . 

" SHISUI " I yelled flying on top of him kissing his face 

" hey cutie " he smiled 

My face went red as I fell off the bed and ran out the room sprinting to one of the nurses . 

" SHISUI HE'S AWAKE " I yelled as they all flooded in checking his vitals

" Mrs. Uchiha we just want to monitor him for a day or two then you can take him home " the doctor smiled . 

" ~okay ~" I said beaming at Shisui . I finally saw those big eyes again watching my every move . 

They checked his vitals and lady Tsunade finished up his treatment while I finally had a shower and went to collect the baby , for the first time in days I had a proper meal and looked like myself again . 

After leaving the hospital the whole day I finally came back to see Shisui eating . He looked up at me and motioned for me to sit with him . I sat directly in front of him while he ate . 

" who's that in your hand" he said looking at Isaac . 

" this is Itachi's son - Isaac , he was born the day you got ambushed - I used a clone to deliever it at we're the god parents " I smiled handing him the child who smiled at Shisui

" He's definitely Itachi's " Shisui said playing with him  . He continued to eat as I stared outside lost in thought about how I could have got to him sooner and prevented all this . 

" what's on your mind baby girl?" he said as the nurse came for the tray and he laid back down with a sleeping Isaac on his chest . 

" huh ?" I said looking back at him . He yanked my arm and I laid down under his neck . 

" you were lost in thought " he said stroking my hair . I hid my face as I felt my eyes get glassy again . 

" I was too late - I failed - I didn't protect you like I said I would . " I cried 

" oh ? I guess your in a gen jutsu then " he smiled 

" huh ?" 

" If you were too late then I would be dead with no eyes " he kissed my forehead 

" that's not the point if I wasn't so caught up with Izumi then I could have left earlier " I said with my face still in his neck . 

" you protected me when I needed you most - they knew my strengths and they knew my weaknesses but I'm sure they didn't expect my girlfriend to go nuts and kill them all " he chuckled . 

" I did not go nuts " 

" indeed you did - you killed everything in sight - I'm sure Shisui would have found it quite the sight " Itachi entered . 

" OHHHH THEY LOOOOKK LIKE A FAMILYYY" Izumi squealed jumping around 

" well if we die they will be " Itachi smirked hugging Shisui tightly as tears came to his eyes " I thought we might lose you Shisui - nii " 

" I thought you'd have more faith in my body guard here Itachi " 

" I do but you took some hard hits before we could get to you " Itachi sat concerned " I had no doubt that Isa would stop them but she only left one alive "