Chapter 42

Week later

"Has Nick called you?" George asked as he slid a plate of strawberries to Clay. Clay sighed and picked up a strawberry placing it on his lips. He looked away and nodded but his body moved with him. George exhaled and leaned against the island.

"Have you been ignoring him this whole time?"

"I mean, what else am I to do? Let me lie to me some more? You said it yourself he's a goner."

"I know what I said, but, you can still be his friend."

"Why would I want my friend to keep lying to me? I thought we made a promise."

"Promise? What?"

Clay let out a sigh and took a bite of the strawberry before placing it back down in disgust.

"We made a promise as kids, to never lie. You know, that stupid thing little kids do that turns out hell in the future?"

"Oh, sorry." George breathed, tapping his finger nails against the marble. George leaned forward on his elbows and glanced up at Clay.

"Hey."

Clay looked down and hummed. George smiled at him and pushed himself up, smashing their lips together. He quickly pulled away.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Clay said with a smile. George giggled and leaned back. He took a strawberry and spun around. Clay rested his cheek on his fist as he watched the brunet stumble around and hum. George stopped when he made eye contact with Clay. Clay giggled and winked at him. George blushed.

Later

"Have you seen my green hoodie?" Clay called. George sighed loudly which made Clay snap his head up.

"George?"

"Yea?" George said turning around on the couch and smiling at Clay. Clay chuckled and shook his head.

"Sorry," Clay giggled. George rolled his eyes and turned back around quietly giggling.

"But, do you know where it went? Or where it could be?" He asked standing placing his hands on hips. George smirked and ducked down.

"I don't know babe, it might be in the dirty clothes?"

"You little-" Clay spat as he jumped up and tackled George. George giggled and kicked back.

"You took my hoodie!" Clay repeated as he tackled the Brit.

"Ahh- OKAY! I admit it!"

Clay stop and stared down at the panting boy. Both of them gasping for air as they kept a strong eye contact.

"Your eyes are beautiful..." Clay whispered. George smiled and let out a giggle. Clay shook his head and stared at George dumbfounded.

"What?"

"Oh my gosh!" George mumbled as he covered his face. Clay knew he was blushing which made him smile.

"Aww, I love you." Clay giggled laying on top of the boy. George let out a breath.

"I love you too freckles."

Week later

"How was work?" George asked as he jumped up on the couch. Clay smirked and let out a sigh as he plopped down next to George. George giggled and began to run his fingers through his soft hair.

"I don't know why I even took the offer..." Clay practically sighed, laying his head on George's thigh. George chuckled.

"Well, it's a fast food what do you expect?"

"Eh.." Clay let out with a shrug. George rolled his eyes and rubbed his back which made Clay lean more into his touch.

"Gotta go back to college tomorrow." George sighed looking up at the tv. Clay sighed and looked up at George with a smile.

"At least we've got each other.."

George looked down at Clay and smiled back. He leaned down and kissed the blond.

"Of course."

A cute filler, fluffy chapter as I rarely do fluff lol

A reminder to get some type of liquid or substance, SOMETHING FOOD, in your stomach :) ILY