Chapter 44

Six weeks later

"Clay, you will be assigned with Tracey."

Clay nodded. He didn't know who Tracey was, but he could tell it was the girl closest to the door when he saw her staring at him with a redness on her face. He rolled his eyes and laid back.

She looks like a pick me...

"You may connect with your partners."

Clay stayed put as shuffling and movements surrounded him. He sat there picking at his pen not moving a muscle.

"Hi, you're Clay right?"

He turned his head and nodded. She smirked and took a seat next to him. He scooted farther away.

"Okay, so, do you have any ideas on what we should do this project on?"

"Hmm, how about the LGBTQ flags?" Clay was basically throwing hints at her because he could tell she was already head over heels for him. She raised a brow.

"Uh, why that?"

Clay smiled.

"No reason, just seems interesting." He said shrugging. She shook her head.

"You have to have a reason so we can't do that." She said flipping through her book. Clays eyes went wide when he saw all her drawings. He leaned forward and pointed at her book.

"Woah, did you draw those?" He asked. She looked up and smiled.

"That's cool, do you take art class?"

She nodded and proceeded to flip through pages.

"Are you classmates with George Henry?"

"Uh..yeah? Why?"

"He's such an amazing artist it makes me want to just- frame it! He's an amazing guy."

She nodded and let out a chuckle before proceeding to flip through her sketch book. She stopped at a blank page and sighed. She looked at him.

"Hm?" He let out.

"Well, hit me with ideas!" She said throwing her hands up. He rolled his eyes and opened his laptop.

"Uh- we could do...how polar bears are losing their homes?"

"Okay, give me more." She said as she began to write. Clay peeked over her shoulder and read one of the ideas she had written which was clays original idea. He smiled and leaned back.

"Oh! What if we did- hm never mind.."

"Huh? No continue.."

"You won't like it, it'll be offensive to you..plus it's not appropriate.."

"Oh.." Clay let out. She giggled and continued to write down ideas.

After class

Clay and Tracey walked side to side jotting down notes.