Yu and Ryu were about to walk in their class, when they saw the student council president in the hallway, with a girl

And that girl wasn't Natsumi.

That was enough reason for the self-proclaimed detectives to be suspicious.

They almost never saw Seito alone with any girl except for Natsumi and when girls were confessing to him. But it didn't seem like that girl Seito was talking with was confessing to him.

The duo went around a corner and watched the interaction of the two, noticing quickly how familiar they were.

Together they were laughing about a joke and shortly after that they hugged and went in different directions.

Yu and Ryu thought that this whole interaction could be useful for their mission, as they liked to sugarcoat what they were actually doing — stalking.

They looked at each other, Ryu already had the pen he bought especially for this occasion (it had a big panda on top) and the matching notebook in hand. Jotting down their observation, he was proud of how much they already had written down in the matter of two days.

"Maybe the secret girlfriend theory was true", Yu spoke up. They already thought about Seito having a secret girlfriend, though they stopped thinking about it when they didn't find any reason why anyone would keep their partner a secret. If one of them had a girlfriend they would handcraft a big banner with their partner's name and theirs and hang it in front of the school gate.

Ryu looked at his friend, not sure what to respond, "Could be . . . But why would he hide her?"

Both sighed dreamily remembering how beautiful the unknown girl was, her blonde hair was pulled into a pretty bun and even if the uniform looked a bit tight and uncomfortable on her, she managed to let her every move seem elegant and effortless at the same time.

"Did you see in which direction she went?", Ryu asked, wanting to write down as much as possible in a short time, in case they would forget the details later on.

"Yeah, she went over there," he pointed to their right.

Ryu thought for a second before stating, "Aren't the classes of the first years in this direction?"

"Yes, they are!"

They smiled brightly at each other. "That means she's probably a first year because classes start soon."

"Which means our amazing first-year teammates might know her", Yu exclaimed a bit too loud, getting a few dirty looks by students who were still tired.

"We have to ask them during practice!"

Not believing the successful outcome of their stalking, the two hurried to their class, not wanting to be late.

For them it was like they already knew what they wanted to know about Seito to be able to black-mail him and to restore their hurt pride.

But oh boy, how wrong they were.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"If I didn't know better I would think that you and Suzuki-chan are either dating or you're replacing me." Natsumi appeared behind Seito out of nowhere, scaring the boy to death.

"Could you please stop appearing out of thin air?", Seito asked, putting a hand over his heart. "I'm gonna have a heart attack because of you and die."

Smiling Natsumi apologized, "Sorry, sorry", to Seito she didn't really sound apologetic. "I was just too happy to see you again."

Chuckling Seito shoved her to the side. "We saw each other on Saturday, you idiot."

"Exactly, that's like an eternity," Natsumi exclaimed dramatically. "What did you do on Sunday? And Saturday afternoon?"

For a second it seemed like Seito's smile wavered a bit, but it was too brief so Natsumi wasn't sure if she was just imagining things.

Seito responded, telling her how he spent his whole Saturday at home, alone, and studied and watched a movie.

Sunday was more interesting, if only a bit. His parents never had to work on Sundays so they either spend the time together at home, visit someplace to make up for the time they didn't see each other during the week or they went to visit Seito's Grandma.

This was one of the weekends in which they visited his Grandma and (what a surprise) almost all of his aunts and uncles had the same idea, so it was almost like a family gathering for his father's side of the family.

Seito hated his father's side of the family. There were a lot of reasons but it was mostly because of how competitive they all were. The boy couldn't meet his cousins without having to be compared to them in any way, kind or form.

When Seito got to the part where his parents bragged about him having a wonderful girlfriend at this young age, Natsumi interrupted him with her laughter.

"Wait, wait, wait. Your parents still think that we're dating?"

Seito looked guiltily to his side.

His parents thought that Natsumi and him are dating because whenever he's sick she brings him the school materials and stays over for sometime and one time, as Natsumi was about to leave they met her in the hallway. Since then they thought that the two best friends are a couple.

Seito didn't like lying to his parents but after they didn't give up on their little idea of their son having a girlfriend he got tired of correcting them and just used Natsumi as an excuse whenever he met up with Kenjiro.

Seito laughed awkwardly. "Yeah, they just don't want to believe me when I tell them that I actually don't have a girlfriend." And if I ever told them that I had a boyfriend they would probably throw me out and disown me, Seito thought bitterly.

"Just imagine if we would actually date, that would be hilarious after we spent so much time on making clear that we're just friends", Natsumi laughed, thinking back to when they got close in such a short time that most people in their grade thought that they were dating.

Now Setio laughed honestly, "I remember. I still know that some people were mad at us because they made bets."

Smiling fondly they talked a bit longer until the bell rang and they went to their respective class.

When Seito knew that Natsumi was already out of sight his shoulders slacked and his smile dropped.

Conversations like these, that were friendly, enjoyable and most importantly honest, were the conversations that took a toll on Seito.

When he was talking with Natsumi in such a careless way and just knew that she would tell him everything and never keep a secret from him, he realized that he was the worst friend that someone could have.

Keeping his sexuality and relationship secret was a decision he made because he wasn't ready for any rejection from her or anyone for that matter. Even if they only knew each other for a little over a year she has already become a fundamental part of his life.

And to be honest, he didn't know what he would do if she decided to turn her back on him.

ᨳ ୨ ┈・┈・✧・┈・┈ ୧ ഒ

Question of the chapter:

What's your Hogwarts house?

My answer:

Ravenclaw

-NEPTUNXS