二十

"You look horrible, but I think you're already aware of that

"You look horrible, but I think you're already aware of that."

"Wow, thank you, Suzuki, that was really what I needed to hear right now." Seito sarcastically replied.

The girl nodded, she knew that that was kind of insensitive, after all she knew somewhat why Seito was looking like he rose from the dead. However she didn't know the best way to start a conversation with Seito, so she just opted for something that popped into her mind.

Sitting down next to him she gave him a bit of her lunch, "You know, my cousin asked me to check up on you. He was talking shit like you weren't responding to his texts and ignoring his calls and everything." She gave him some time to give his input, maybe say that Kenjiro was being dramatic, but he just looked to the ground in silence. "Oh, man, he really wasn't lying. I mean look at you aren't even eating lunch with Natsumi, hell you didn't even bring your lunch with you."

"I forgot it at home and Natsumi's sick, so she isn't here today.", he said. "And I'm fine I just didn't have time to call Kenjiro back because I got back late at night yesterday."

The blonde girl rolled her eyes, "Save your boring lies for someone who's dumb enough to believe them. But really, Seito, just call Kenjiro. I know that I always tell you that you should break up with him because he's an ass and everything and that you deserve better, but the poor boy's worried about you."

Seito sighed. He knew that he shouldn't ignore Kenjiro like that but he just couldn't bring up the energy to talk with him, he felt like he didn't deserve Kenjiro worrying about him.

"You know, he's my cousin so I know a lot about him and you really should either text him, call him or be ready that he's waiting in front of the school tomorrow to first scold you about making him worry and then, when you're alone he'll do some cute shit that I don't even want to imagine because then I'd have to vomit and we both don't want to see my breakfast."

Seito allowed himself to give a small laugh and shake his head in amusement at her antics. "Maybe you're right. I should probably call him after school."

Suzuki nodded in agreement. "That's my boy. I knew you wouldn't let me down, well anyways I think we should start heading to our classes. Don't want you to be late to school, Mr. Perfect." Winking at him she stood up, dusted off her skirt and went ahead, leaving Seito behind who remained sitting for a second before standing up and trodding after her.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hi Kenjiro. How are you?" Seito smiled sheepishly, even though Kenjiro couldn't see him right now.

There was a short pause on the other side, then Seito heard a door being shut with great force then he heard the lovely voice of his boyfriend. "Oh, please, shut up. Do you have any idea how worried I have been?"

"I'm so-"

"No, you won't apologize to me for that. I kind of get why you didn't want to talk to me but you know you could've given me at least some kind of sign that you're still alive. I was worried that something went wrong and that you're . . . I don't know, sleeping under a bridge somewhere in Kyoto." Kenjiro rushedly spewed out as he was walking back and forth in the bathroom of his dorm.

"I'm so-" Seito was interrupted by Kenjiro's angry snort. "Okay, then I won't apologize."

And now he gave Kenjiro a detailed report of everything that has happened during his vacation with his family. He told him everything from the conversation with his grandmother, to the cold handshake he got from his grandfather when they left.

"Your family is horrible," was all Kenjiro could say.

"Tell me something that I don't already know." Seito replied dryly.

"I would like to say some encouraging words and everything but I don't think you'd listen to me. And to be honest I don't know what the right reaction to all of this would be. I would actually like to ask my parents to kidnap you so that you could live with us." Kenjiro responded. He was only a teenage boy after all, he didn't know much about what you should say in such serious situations besides making some jokes to lighten up the atmosphere.

"How about this: Saturday I'll pick you up at yours and we'll go to your favorite ice cream parlor, then we go to the park and if you want, you can sleep over at my house." Kenjiro suggested.

Seito considered for a second, if he would really sleep over at Kenjiro's he would have to come up with a good excuse for his parents. "I'd love to do that."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You look like shit." was all that Seito got from Natsumi as she returned to school on Wednesday.

"Thank you, you also look brighter than usual."

She still wasn't completely back to being her usual healthy self, so she was slouching in her seat and had a runny nose which she had to wipe every other minute.

Seito on the other hand wasn't even looking up from his place, his head was laying on the table as he was trying to blend out the background noises that were getting too much for him. He also had big bags under his eyes and his uniform was just as messy as his black hair. He just couldn't bring himself to care about his appearance over the past few days.

"Was the family meeting that horrible?" she asked as she pulled herself a chair out and sat down opposite of him.

"Do I look like it went well?" Seito asked her, his words muffled by the books he was laying on.

"Touché"

"Don't worry about me, I just need a few more days and then I am back to my normal self." Seito tried to reassure her. It was enough that Kenjiro was worrying about him, he didn't need to be a burden to more people.

Natsumi scoffed, "I am your best friend. It's my job to worry about you when you're looking . . . like that."

Her statement just worsened Seito's mood. Why did he have to be a burden to the people he cared so deeply about? He shouldn't make them worry, they deserved better.

ᨳ ୨ ┈・┈・✧・┈・┈ ୧ ഒ

here's a dumb, unnecessary chapter that i dont really like, but i'm trying to continue writing bc im excited for what i have planned for the next few chapter

and in my head theres a wonderful plot forming for a oikawa x oc story, i'll see how that will go

anyway i love you all for the comments and votes that youre leaving, it's really helping me be more motivated to continue writing (even tho idk if thats a good thing bc i have some important exams coming up :))

-NEPTUNXS