二十一

"Mother, I asked Kenjiro to help me with studying over the weekend

"Mother, I asked Kenjiro to help me with studying over the weekend. Would it be okay for me to go to his house?" Seito took a deep breath, ready to do anything so that his parents would let him stay at Kenjiro's.

His mother sighed in disappointment, which she seemed to be doing whenever he's around lately, "What do you need help with? We can just hire a tutor for you, there's no need for you to waste your time with him."

Luckily, Seito was already prepared for that response, "It's a mathematics assignment, I don't need a tutor for that, I just have trouble with an additional task. And I would like to understand that one as well, to be fully prepared for my exams in a few weeks."

His mother thought for a short moment. Her son's education was important and it was right that he had to do the additional tasks, but she wasn't sure if she should really let him go over to that house. "Can't he come here?"

This is new, Seito thought in shock. His parents were absolutely against inviting anyone over to their house, no matter how close they were. "I really don't want to burden you with that."

"No, he should come over, that way I can be sure that you're actually studying."

Seito looked at her with wide eyes, his plan was failing and he had no idea how to get out of this situation, he had to think, quickly.

"Uh, mother, Kenjiro doesn't like going over to other people's houses, he would be uncomfortable and not able to show me how to do the equations the right way." , hopefully that was a good enough excuse.

Suddenly Seito's father shouted from the hallway, "We have to go. There's some urgent business."

Without another word, Seito's mother left, not even glancing back at her son who was unsure of what he should do now.

Could he just leave? Whenever there was something urgent that had to be taken care of they would be out for quite a while, only coming back late at night. Yes, he could just leave, they wouldn't even notice, nor care, that he was gone.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As Seito opened the door, he was once again reminded of how much he missed Kenjiro. Immediately he pulled the boy into his arms, holding him for a short while, allowing himself to relax after all the stress and pressure he had been through.

Finally Seito let go, only to regret it as he was missing the warmth of his boyfriend's embrace already. "Missed me?", Kenjiro asked with a small smirk on his face. "Although I guess you didn't miss me that much, seeing as I had to force Suzuki to talk with you to get a call from you."

Seito huffed, "I already told you that I wasn't in the mood and was feeling down. I didn't want to burden you with that."

"That's sweet of you but really, when something's bothering you, you should talk with me about it. If you don't talk with me, I'll be even more worried.", Kenjiro explained as they slowly made their way to their favorite ice cream parlor.