十三

The weekend has come around once again, though for what was about to come, Kenjiro Shirabu wasn't all too excited

He would officially meet his boyfriend's best friend.

Of course he already knew next to everything about Natsumi, Seito always telling him about her, Kenjiro would even say he knew more about the girl than she did herself, but really all of this knowledge wouldn't really help him in making a good first impression and getting the girl to like him.

Seito had tried to convince Kenjiro that everything would go just fine, that Natsumi was a lovely girl and that there wasn't a single person Natsumi didn't like, however it was to no avail.

As the two boys were sitting at a table in a small cafè which Natsumi and Seito often visited, Kenjiro was internally screaming and at the same time, trying to calm his nerves. At school he never cared if anyone liked him or not so why should it be any different here? 'Because she's the best friend of your boyfriend, idiot!' the voice in his head shouted at him.

As the girl with short black hair entered the cafè, Seito discreetly took Kenjiro's hand in his and in an attempt to calm his nerves, gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Hi!" The girl enthusiastically greeted the pair as she sat down in front of them with a wide smile in Seito's direction. As she looked at Kenjiro her expression darkened for a moment and she gave him the "look" she had practiced in the mirror over the last few days. She just hoped it looked as intimidating and judgmental as it always did in movies.

After having tortured the nervous boy long enough, she suddenly put on a big smile and stretched her hand out to him, "Nice to meet you! I'm Natsumi Shirai, just call me Natsumi, I don't really like my last name."

A bit stunned by her sudden change in demeanor, Kenjiro shook her hand, introducing himself, "Likewise, I'm Kenjiro Shirabu. You know that already though," with a teasing smirk in Seito's direction, he told her, "he probably talked only about me for the past week, now that you know about us."

Seito's ears turned red at those words, ready to interfere, nowever Natsumi beat him to it. She responded with a mischievous smile of her own, "Yeah, he made my ears bleed with how much he talked about you. Kenjiro this and Kenjiro that. He literally had stars in his eyes and hearts flying around him when he was talking about him."

They both then turned to Seito, seeing him blush deeply, and frowning at the same time while he looked from Kenjiro to Natsumi. "What's going on here? You were literally pissing your pants out of nervousness five seconds ago and you said you'd play the role of mean best friend? Why are you two already teaming up on me?"

Natsumi just chuckled, "I finally have someone to tease you with, of course I won't let that chance go to waste."

Kenjiro just nodded, " I agree and really, you should be happy we're getting along, right Natsumi?"

The rest of the day was spent with Natsumi and Kenjiro getting to know one another, both of them getting along so well that they were close to forgetting about Seito's presence near the end of their meeting.

"Okay, you know what, I'm going now, you two can enjoy yourselves with each other, seeing as you don't even need me here anymore," Seito told them as he got ready to leave, being a bit over dramatic.

Kenjiro stood up with him, "Hey, wait! We agreed that you'd be eating dinner at mine."

Seito stood there for a second thinking about it, "Oh, right I almost forgot."

"Wait here, I'll pay and then we can go." Kenjiro said and went over to the cash register.

Natsumi also got up, "Is he like paying for me as well? I mean I wouldn't be against it but I also don't want to be impolite."

Seito just sighed, "No worries, he goes to Shiratorizawa, he can afford to pay for your cake and drink, if not I'll pay him back."

Natsumi looked at him for a moment and then responded, chuckling, "You really have great taste. I mean he's got money, is smart, an athlete and also has a good sense of humor. I'm impressed."

Once again, for the nth time today, Seito's ears turned red out of embarrassment, "Thanks I guess, but I gotta say Suga is also quite the catch, if you ever manage to confess to him before he's finished with high school." Seito said, watching her face turn red, "Anyway, I'm glad you two get along, thank you for coming here today. It means a lot."

Now Natsumi was red out of embarrassment and tearing up as she hugged her best friend so tightly that he couldn't breathe. She wanted him to know that she was always there for him and would never judge him for anything he did or anyone he liked. His parents were trash for being so openly hostile towards anything other than a straight relationship and making Seito feel like he couldn't be himself, even if they didn't know about their son's sexuality, it was wrong.

Kenjiro returned just as Natsumi freed Seito from her bone-crushing, but much needed, hug. "Okay, everything's paid for, we can go." However, he turned to Natsumi with a smile, "It was nice meeting you. You're really as amazing as Seito always tells me you are. Hope to see you again soon, maybe even without Seito interrupting our conversation," he added the last part teasingly, smiling at his boyfriend.

"I gotta say the same, you're really nice. I'm glad Seito's in good hands and we really should meet up again sometime."

"Wow, okay, stop, I'm slowly getting jealous," Seito interrupted them. "Bye Natsumi, see you on Monday!"

"Bye-bye!" She waved at them and then turned away from them, going to her house.

Kenjiro turned to Seito and said, "Well, this turned out better than expected."

Setio just grumbled at his words, walking faster, "Yeah, it turned out too good. Why did you have to team up with her?"

Looking around, Kenjiro made sure there was no one besides them. Then he got closer to Seito and grabbed his hand drawing small circles on it, "You know, the person that's most important to me is you and I really just want to get along with the people you love."

ᨳ ୨ ┈・┈・✧・┈・┈ ୧ ഒ

kenjiro's so ooc it actually hurts but who cares! he gets along well with natsumi so that's all that matters.

tell me your thoughts about all of this and the book in generaly! i would really appreciate it :)