It was Wednesday

It was Wednesday.

Two more days to go, Seito thought to himself as he walked to the third gymnasium.

It was already a routine to him, after he did all of his work at the student council Natsumi would either barge in after her practice and drag him to the third gymnasium to talk to her crush or they would meet up somewhere on the way to the gymnasium, still with the goal of Natsumi talking to Koshi.

Though today Natsumi was nowhere to be seen. Seito went ahead to the volleyball practice, where he thought Natsumi would be waiting for him in front of the door. She wasn't, that was suspicious, she always waited for him to open the doors so she could have a more spectacular entrance, as she claimed.

Thinking that she already went inside Seito entered the gymnasium and was immediately met with a ball that was flying at a high speed in his direction.

Quickly he put his hands upwards and set the ball out of reflex high up into the air. When the ball returned he caught it and looked around.

Immediately Shoyo Hinata, one of the first years, ran up to him and bowed while apologizing profusely, "I'm so sorry", he repeated those words over and over until Seito awkwardly told him to stop it and that it wasn't a big deal.

After that it was like a switch was flipped. Shoyo went closer to Seito and asked him how he could react so quickly and where he learned to set so well and, and, and ... the questions were all volleyball related and endless.

Daichi Sawamura decided to intervene, seeing how Seito slowly grew uncomfortable with the flow of questions. "Hinata, I think you should give him some time to respond to your questions", he said with a small smile.

When Shoyo turned around to apologize to his captain, Seito took it as his chance to escape and quickly ran over to Natsumi, who was sitting on the bench next to Kiyoko and in front of her stood Koshi with an amused smile.

"Since when are you here?", Seito asked. "The whole council got worried when you didn't show up."

Natsumi smiled at him, her cheeks had a light pink color. "I fell during practice, so my knee hurt and I didn't want to go all the way up to the third floor."

Seito's eyes immediately widened in shock, he didn't take injuries lightly after what happened to Kenjiro in his last year of middle school. "Are you alright? Do you need anything? Ice? Water? – "

"No need to worry, we already gave her some ice," Koshi smiled his sunshine smile and calmed the boy down.

"And it's really not that bad, I promise," Natsumi thought it was funny and at the same time cute when Seito got this worried about a small injury.

When she asked him about why he acted this way, he just told her that if you don't treat small injuries immediately and in the right way, they can turn into nasty and severe injuries. And no athlete wanted a severe injury.