十九

The vacation was actually off to a good start, was what Seito would like to say, ignoring the dooming event that was just around the corner

Dinner.

However, Seito wanted to focus on the good for now. Well, to be truthful he had just arrived in his hotel room and was setting out his outfit for the night, which was just a really boring suit, but it would probably impress his family (and hopefully let him blend in with all of his older cousins).

Up until now not much has happened. However the flight was calm and he could get some sleep, which he didn't get enough of over the past few days because he was constantly worrying about the family gathering.

His parents also haven't said a lot to him up until now, but he knew that they would surely start criticizing him and telling him that he should act his best and brag about how successful he was, being the president of the student council in his second year of high school and everything ( and of course his pretty little girlfriend that they adored so much).

He told himself that today would be the day he told them that Natsumi and him had broken up, even if they wouldn't be able to understand how a girl would ever break up with their perfect son.

But until then he could enjoy the peacefulness of the pretty room he had for himself and maybe call Kenjiro, so that he could give him a small pep-talk.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"How have you been doing, Seito?" , his grandmother asked, while piercing him with her stare. Seito gulped down the steak, every piece he ate of it left a bitter taste in his mouth. He knew that now it was his turn to be torn apart and looked into, to show his family that he was a part of their perfect little pretend world; that he was worthy of sitting at this big table, decorated with serious faces, clad in the most expensive suits and dresses, decorated with elegant accessories.

He glanced in his mothers direction. She was the one who talked to him more, even if it wasn't much, maybe she would spare him with a reassuring look. But no, he didn't even receive that from her. Just as Setio had anticipated, he was alone in this.

"I've been doing good.", was all he responded. From an early age he learnt that giving short answers in this kind of environment was the smartest. They didn't leave a lot of room for interpretation and his grandmother would take on the talking, he just had to continue and say whatever would please her.

His grandmother took a sip of her beverage, "I heard you are quite the smart student", everything she said was less of a question, more of a statement, but she still wanted him to give his input. What the point of all of this was, was still a big question for Seito. She already knew everything, why did he have to answer those pointless questions?

Seito cleared his throat and looked at his hands that were fiddling with the table cloth on his lap. He just had to answer a few more questions than she would go on and torture the next person, was the only thought that was on his mind, "Yes, as you probably have heard, I am the president of the student council, which as we all know is quite unusual because I'm still in my second year of high school."