十八

The following week was off to a calm start

There wasn't a lot of work to do at the student council which meant that Seito had some time to study and spend with Natsumi, who just teased him and forced him to go visit Karasuno's volleyball team ( though it couldn't be considered forcing anymore, because he found himself enjoying their liveliness)

Though as always, Seito couldn't just enjoy the whole week. There seemed to always be something to bother him or just disrupt the peace he allowed himself to enjoy from time to time.

The first thing that was more than just a bother to him, was his parents telling him that he shouldn't plan anything for the weekend, because the whole family would go on a two day vacation to have a family gathering. Just thinking of it made Seito want to throw himself out of a window.

The second thin couldn't really be called a bother, more something that just made his heart race with anxiety, was that Tendou, whom he had given his phone number the last time they met, was constantly texting him.

Seito wasn't great at making new friends, especially when he only texted with them, because his responses always seemed dry or somewhat cold, giving others the impression that he didn't want to continue the conversation. Though the boy wanted to be liked by Kenjiro's teammates, which led him to always take his time with responding in order to give Tendou a good answer to all of his questions that also wouldn't cut the conversation short.

Kenjiro had told him several times to just block Tendou and to stop entertaining him but Seito didn't want to do that, he found Tendou to be someone he enjoyed talking to. He also knew that Kenjiro was secretly happy about him getting along with his somewhat-friends – okay, maybe happy was a bit of a strong word but he was sure that Kenjiro took at least a bit of joy out of the fact that he was becoming friends with the people he cared about, just like Seito appreciated Kenjiro trying to get along with Natsumi (and being successful at that).

"Who's texting you all the time?"Natsumi asked once when the two of them were sitting together on the bench, waiting for the volleyball practice to end so that she could flirt with Sugawara and he could join the team on their trip to the grocery store. Lowering her voice she added, "Is it your lover boy?"

Seito looked at his phone and shook his head in amusement. "No. You remember when I told you that I met some of Kenjiro's teammates over the weekend? Well one of them is constantly texting me." Showing him their chat he laughed again, "And Kenjiro's still pretending that he hates it."

Natsumi looked at the chat and couldn't help but laugh, "I can imagine why he doesn't like it. Look at all of those random pictures of him. He looks horrible in most of them."

Seito put his phone back into his pocket, "I think he always looks good, but you're right, some of them aren't very . . . flattering." Taking his phone out of his pocket again he showed her one of the pictures, "But this one's my favorite, it's one of the few pretty ones. Doesn't he look cute while he's glaring at the camera?"