Plaster on a Smile

Chapter 5

|Louis|

I woke up with my pillow drenched in tears. I did like her, I just refused to see it. I went to the shower and got ready. I needed to talk to Zayn, he was right all along. I rushed down and told my mum that I'll be back. I drove to Zayn's and I saw his motorcycle parked at their garage. I knocked on the door and Zayn opened the door.

You look awful.” he teased

Says the guy wearing boxers and a T-shirt.” I teased back

Touche.” he said letting me inside

So what happened?” Zayn asked

I like her.”I answered

Now let's get her back.”Zayn responds

I don't want to get her, she's happy. I just want to cope with it.” I admitted.

Lou.” Zayn started

No Zayn, I value our friendship. She likes Liam and I can't get in the way of that.” I interrupted

Fine, let's go to the bar after lunch.” Zayn said and I simply nod and left.

|Jade|

Hello?” I said as I answered the phone.

Did I wake you?” Liam asked

No it's fine. What's up?” I asked

You we're quiet the entire ride to your home last night. Are you okay?”Liam asked.

It was endearing how he cared for me.

Yeah, I'm fine Li.” I told him

I'll call you later okay?” I add

Okay.” he responds before I ended the call.

I dialed Louis' number but I just got forwarded to voice mail.

Louis, are you okay? I'm worried.” I said leaving the message in his voice mail.

|Louis|

I felt broken that day, afternoon came and I met Zayn and Niall at the bar. Niall's father owned the bar so whenever we had nothing to do on the weekends we just hang-out here.

I just fucking hate myself” I said as I downed a vodka.

Slow down Lou.” Niall told me.

Let him drink.” Zayn said

I am an idiot. Now I can't just be normal around her! I am so fucked up.” I told them downing another shot. I needed to feel numb right now.

I didn't know how many shots of vodka I drunk but my vision started to blur.

“I'll take him home.” Zayn said and I forgot everything.

----

You know you can't drink you idiot.” a familiar voice said as she took of my jacket.

What happened?”I asked as I felt a tinge of pain on my head.

You got drunk after drinking 7 shots of vodka. Now can you sit down and take off your shirt, it smells like vomit.” Jade complained

My head hurts..” I complained

Let me help you.” Jade said taking my shirt off. My vision was still blurry but I swore she stared for a bit when she saw my abs. It made me smile a little.

What are you smiling for?” Jade asks finally getting my shirt off.

Nothing.” I answered

Thanks for taking care of me.” I add

She took a clean shirt from my drawer and struggled to get in on me.

Don't you ever get drunk like this again you hear me.” she scolded me

I love you Jade.” I told her

I know, I love you too.” she responds

No. I really love you.” I insisted

Yes Lou. Now go to sleep.” she told me and I simply dozed off.

----

I woke up to the worst hangover ever. I was never one to drink and I swear I am going to get Zayn for not stopping me. I tried to stretch but I saw Jade was sleeping on beside me with her head on my chest. I smiled at myself, so it wasn't a dream, she really did take care of me.

Maybe I had a chance... then her phone rang.

Fucking ringtone!” Jade complained as she woke up

Hello?” I answered

Who is this?” a guy's voice asked

Louis, and who is this?”I asked back

Hand it to me.” Jade said and I gave it to her

Li, I'm at Louis' right now. I am so sorry I forgot to call you.” Jade explained as she left my room.

I let out a sigh and decided to get ready for school. I placed an oversized T-shirt, a checkered polo and a belt on my bed for Jade. And I took a shower, I got dressed and got out of the bathroom.

Thanks for lending me this.” Jade said as she looped the belt on her waist.

She turned my oversized shirt into a cute looking dressed and tied the ends of the checkered polo to make it look like a cropped jacket.

Let's eat breakfast.” I told her and she nods.

We ate breakfast quietly. And after the awkward meal I drove us to school. It was a silent ride to school and when we reached the parking lot. I sighed and removed my seat belt.

I miss you.” Jade sighed

Yeah. Me too.” I told her giving her a smile.

We got off the car and Liam greeted her by the doorway.

Go.”I told her and she went to Liam.

Hey.” Perrie greeted a little weakly.

Zayn told me.” she adds

It's okay. For her I can always plaster on a smile.” I told her as we went inside.

I wasn't lying though, for her I can always plaster on a smile, even thought it fucking hurts seeing her genuinely happy without me...