Talent Show Surprise!

Chapter 20

|Jade|

    I was shaking as we entered the auditorium. I was walking in with Jesy who wore a rather hip looking outfit. Perrie was already inside dressed in a beautiful red dress that hugged her body beautifully.

    "I'm shaking." I whispered

    "Let's go to the backstage" Jesy said as we walked to the stage.

    "Good Afternoon everyone today is the annual Talent Showcase of our students. Let me introduce the judges. Principal Smith, Ms. Cheryl (drama teacher) and Mr. Jason (dance teacher), now sit back and relax we'll be starting shortly." Mrs Kelly said

    I walked up to Louis who wore a white v-neck shirt with black blazer, I wore a white sun dress. I sat beside him and Jesy went to Niall, they looked like they we're military-ish While Perrie and Zayn looked like they were just going on a fancy date.

    "I think we're under prepared." I whispered making Louis chuckle

    "I know."he responded

    Then our attention went to Liam and Harry who wore black shirts and black skinny jeans.

    "They'll be singing with Leigh-Anne, but I haven't seen her." Louis explained

    "5 minutes guys! Logan and Thompson you're up first."Mrs. Kelly said and Thomspon nodded

    --

    "Hey I'm Logan and this is JJ Thompson and we'll be singing Oh Cecilia (by the Vamps)" Logan said as they sat and started singing.

    It was a up beat song and their voices where amazing together. It looked like they we're having so much fun dancing around the stage and goofing around with each other. I saw Victoria at the other side of the stage smiling at Logan.

    Next called was Perrie and Zayn. "I'm Perrie and this is Zayn, we'll be singing Beast of Burden (by Lee DeWyze)"

    Zayn took a deep breath and started singing, Perrie smiled at Zayn and started singing the second verse of the song. It was these two are singing to each other, their voices blended well at the chorus. It was a beautiful and mellow type of performance, just them sitting on the stools and looking at each other.

    "Third act."Mrs. Kelly called as Jesy and Niall went out to the stage.

    "I'm Niall Horan and this lovely lady is Jesy Nelson. Moves Like Jagger (by Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera)." Niall said

     He then immediately went to the microphone and Jesy started dancing around Niall. He swayed his hips to the beat but Jesy showed everyone her talent in dancing but just as we thought Niall would only sing he started dancing with Jesy, he looked awkward but it was great, Jesy then started singing too. These two really wanted to win and it made me smile cause they really showed each others strength in this performance.

    "Well that's a tough act to follow, but Fourth act come up on stage." Mrs. Kelly called us Jesy and Niall bowed

    Harry, Liam and Leigh-Anne walked up. "I'm Harry, this is Liam and Leigh-Anne. 50 Ways to Say Goodbye (by Train)"

    Liam started strumming his guitar and Harry started singing as he somehow flirted with Leigh-Anne. And just as he reached the chorus, Leigh-Anne satrted singing with Liam backing her up. It was a great song, cause it looked like Harry and Leigh-Anne were having a banter with this song.

    "Amazing! Fifth act."Mrs. Kelly called

    "Good luck" Liam said as he walked to the back stage

    "Thanks" I answered

    I walked to the other side of the stage and Louis remained at the other side.

    "I'm Louis and she's Jade, singing We Both Know (Colbie Caillat feat. Gavin DeGraw)." Louis said and he started singing.

    He started walking towards me and I did that as well, I started singing my part not taking my eyes off from him and he also stared at me. I felt the song, I knew this was somehow what happened to us. It was like we were just talking, I felt Louis' pain and I knew he felt mine. As we finally reached the center he held my hand as if he was singing to me, we still stared at each other, getting lost in the song.

    As we reached the bridge, Louis let my hand go and he turned around. I tapped his shoulders making him turn around and I held his hands. He smiled at me, as we reached the end of the song I kissed his cheeks and hugged him.

    "Beautiful! Now last but not the least Sixth act." Mrs. Kelly said as she lead us to the backstage.

    "We're the fabulous Trio, I'm Ari, this is Victoria and she's Bridgit. We'll be singing 99 (by Kate Voegele)." Ariana said and Victoria started singing and the three of them started dancing to the song.

    Ariana sung the chorus and Bridgit sang the bridge. They sounded so great together.

    "We did good."Louis said as he squeezed my hands

    "Louis, I love you."I told him

    "What?" Louis asked

    "I love you Louis, I thought it was just a friendly jealousy. But I felt like something was missing, I know you might not feel the same way anymore but, I just wanted you to know that I was stupid." I told him and then he had a wide smile in his face

    "Do you really?"Louis asked and I nodded

    "I think I won something better than the grand prize."he said

    "I still love you Jade. But I think you need to court me."he teased

    "Are you serious right now?" I asked making him laugh

    "Yes." he said as he kissed my cheeks

    "I missed you so much" he added

    --

    "For Third Place Logan and Thompson" Mrs. Kelly said and they went to the stage.

    "Second Place Ariana, Victoria and Bridgit!" Mrs. Kelly screamed and they all screamed and hugged each other as they got to the stage.

    "Finally our winners Jesy and Niall!" Mrs. Kelly screamed and Jesy and Niall we're shocked

    --

    "I hate you both" Perrie said

    "SHAKE SHACK!" Niall screamed

    "We kept it simple." Perrie said

    "We should have just sang an upbeat song."Perrie added

    "You did great."I told her.

    "SHAKE SHACK!" Jesy then screamed teasing Perrie more.

    Louis and I simply laughed at how crazy our friends were, crazy and occupied to not even notice that we were relatively closer than before. It amused us though that after all of the pain we've kept, we still tried to keep the happiness between us. It was the perfect timing for us, but maybe not yet to be reveal to everyone.

    I looked at Louis and we shared a look.

|Louis|

    The way she looked at me, it was as if she wanted us to keep this between us for awhile, to test the waters before really doing anything we might regret in the long run, and I thought yeah, it was better this way for awhile. At least I knew all the pain was slowly becoming a thing of the past.