Coming Home? (Homecoming Part 2)

Chapter 10.2

|Louis|

"How is everyone enjoying the celebration? So it's time to announce the winners! To our Homecoming King and Queen, they will not only get crowns but they will also get 2 gift certificates to Green Herb Garden Steakhouse. So shall we call them?"Jesy asked the crowd and they all cheered

"Okay first up out Homecoming King winning by 5 votes is none other than Louis Tomlinson" Jesy screamed and I was still in shock sitting alone at the bleachers.

"Where's Louis?" Jesy asked scanning the crowd

I then saw Zayn pull me up and push me towards the stage. I walked up and Mrs. Kelly placed the crown on my head and Jesy handed me 1 gift certificate.

"And now for our Homecoming Queen winning with 5 points as well is Jade Thirlwall" Jesy shouted. Making Jade stand up not actually believing what she just heard, I met her at the end of the stage as I helped her up and I gave a her a weak smile.

Mrs. Kelly crowned her and Jesy handed her the gift certificate.

"Congratulations guys and now share the dance floor with our new royalties." Jesy said with a smile and I looked at Jade whom gave one of her sweetest smiles.

"Shall we?" I asked

"We shall." she said as she grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor.

I saw the most beautiful girl in front of me with Gavin DeGraw's song Where You Are playing. I fell more and more in love with her even though I knew it was wrong.

"What happened to us?"Jade asked making me snap back to reality.

"Did we fall out?" she asked again

"No, there's just too many things going on in my mind right now Jade." I told her.

"You can always tell me those things Louis. I am your best friend. We can always work through things right?" she asked

"Maybe not this one Jade." I answered

"Lou, don't push me away, cause I will always find a way to come back." she told me.

"How can you come back to someone like me? When you have found someone new."I responded

"Cause you're home Lou. There's no place like home." she told me as she placed her head on my chest. Those words were the words I've longed to hear but it didn't mean as much as I wanted it to mean. And it was the first time I cracked, I felt tears fall down my eyes.

"Don't say words you don't actually mean."I whispered to her.

"I mean it Lou." she said as she looked at me and wiping my tears with her thumbs.

"Jade, I can't do this anymore. I'm broken and constantly breaking into pieces." I told her

"Lou, what happened. I didn't know."Jade said looking concerned

"Jade.." I started with a sigh

"Jade I love. I don't know when and how it happened but all I know is that you are the reason behind my smiles, my laughter and my happiness. I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner but Jade I really do love you and it hurts me knowing that no matter what I do that door is closed between us. I just had to let this out. But don't worry I wont do anything to you and Liam." I said as I fought back the tears.