Airplane part 2

Although Jimin and I had fallen asleep alone, two extra bodies had added to the mix by the time my first alarm buzzed. This familiar event of sleeping within the maknae group was a comforting way to sleep. Still, it was undoubtedly hot in the room, both visually and physically. All three had snuggled up together. Even Jungkook, who rarely was a snuggler, joined the 'snuggle train'.

I gently pushed aside Jimin's fringe and gently kissed his forehead. I manoeuvred my way through the battlefield in an attempt to steal back some bedsheets; in the end, I had to settle for Taehyung's cardigan he'd thrown across the floor... I rolled my eyes, no doubt it was worth more than my car, and here it was getting creases on Jimin's carpet.

Jimin's eyes blinked slowly as he carefully admired my shivering frame. "You cold, Noona?" He asked.

Before I could even respond, Jimin gently laced his arms around me and drew me back to the front of the 'snuggle train'. I knew getting caught up in Jimin's soft grumbly morning voice could lure me into remaining bed-ridden for the rest of eternity.  But as my second alarm buzzed, the harsh reality reminded me of my responsibilities.

"We'll talk with the others soon; thank you for trusting me with your past, Jimin. I love you." I mumbled sleepily. I knew the conversation would be a complicated one. Tensions were high enough with Taehyung's birthday and the performance without me adding to the mix of extending our relationship to become even more complex, which not everyone may agree. But for the happiness of the people I loved, it had to be discussed eventually.

The plan for the trip was a complicated one; most family events would have been dealt with separately, as seven members were usually enough on my plate. Therefore, as the idea had been mine, it was my responsibility to ensure the safety of Taehyung's family and, for Taehyung's sake, ensure their needs were all met. As if I had four new members added to the lineup of artists under my care.

Taehyung gripped my arm as I headed into the mini-van, "Anna," he called to me. My morning was already delayed by helping Jungkook pack again and trying to unstick Jimin from my hip. At one point, I'd been wrapped up in the covers, and the troublesome threesome had pinned me down like I was the last burrito. The older members had been sleeping in as we'd said our goodbyes the night before. Only the maknae's seemed to be convinced on their mission to pack themselves into my carry on.

Taehyung's face was focused, but I answered him with the reassurance I believed he was looking for, "Yes. I promise I'll take good care of them," but the stern expression remained.

"But Anna-..." he began "-yes, and I know about the shellfish allergy for your mother that's already been-..." Tae cut me off again, "-Anna, that's-..."

"-and I organised for your sister to have the extra legroom." I paused, looking at an expression I'd never seen on his face.

Taehyung's arms folded sternly, this darkened expression in his eyes wasn't so much filled with anger, but I could see the chord unravelling in his mind, his patience running thin. As if he was pleading with me just to let him talk, I bashfully ceased my mumbling and laughed nervously as the dark gaze reminded me of the other week when I'd heard his voice. Why of all times did the sound of his erotic grumbles have to plague my inner mind?

I wouldn't play with fire today; I still was unsure where we both stood after our little bicker at Christmas, hoping that Jungkook's method had resolved our little understanding. "Sorry. I was rambling again. What was it you wanted to say?" I asked to hope to ease that lack of patience that didn't as much strike fear but warned me in all the ways I wished he would silence me.

"Finally," Tae rolled his eyes and sighed, "-as I was saying. I was first trying to thank you. Then I wanted to tell you something." Taehyung gulped.

My eyes scanned his expression, which faded from fleeting patience to cute and nervous again, "You're welcome; fire away." I smiled, encouraging him to feel a little more at ease to see the radiant embers in his iris' melt into soft chocolate.