Life Goes on

Happy Comeback Weekend! --- > enjoy + surprise at the end ✨Drop your favourite song from the new releases in the comments! [I'm not disclosing the amount I've sobbed to the Epiphany Demo] and please Yet to Come & For Youth is so beautiful but did they really need to sweep us off our feet with RUN BTS?! also, the hardship I had looking for lyrics and it only coming up with the OG Run.😶

-------------

Security grabbed the guy in time but seeing Taehyung and Hoseok push me at arm's length hurt. The shame of someone outside seeing us was something I logically understood. Normally I'd have enforced such an action. I'd similarly repeated with Jin not too long ago, and no one had even been in front of us. I could tell myself they were just trying to protect me. But standing there alone with both their panicked faces frozen in fear, I couldn't help but feel like I'd taken ten steps back again. I saw Taehyung open his mouth to apologise, but Namjoon quickly rested his hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Come on. Let's head back," Namjoon ensured security would sort this. In order to attract any more unwanted attention, we all hurried to split into separate cars. Jin and I got into one car, waiting for Namjoon while the others took off in advance.

From the solemn look in Jin's eyes, he understood how their reaction had triggered that innate fear of being unwanted. There was something behind his warm eyes that were sympathetic towards their mistake. Still, we both knew deep down that if they'd reacted any differently, they'd be breaking what we'd initially agreed. To keep our relationship out of the public eye... I could never be that 'someone' they could proudly display on their arm to the fans or the rest of the world.

I was just an orphan who came from no fame or a reputable family. I knew it was best for me to remain unknown, but why couldn't I move away from that look in their eyes as they both flinched away as my fingertips were the stinger of a wasp.

"Anna, I can hear you thinking from over here. We both know how it looked, but I know Tae and Hobi never meant it in that way. They just wanted to keep you safe, like we all agreed, yeah?" Namjoon, as always, was the voice of reason.

But right now, I didn't need another voice telling me what I already knew; I needed reassurance on my doubts. As if he could see into my mind, Jin pressed his hand forward to grip my hand. There were no intertwining fingertips, just Jin's large hand encased protectively around my cold hand. I wanted to tell him 'thank you' for giving me what I needed, a reminder I wasn't some dirty little secret... a reminder I meant something to them.

Indeed the tears that laced in my eyes spoke a thousand bittersweet 'thank you's that my lips couldn't begin to form. "You can stay with me tonight if you need to. We're long overdue a film night. Or well afternoon in this case." Jin smiled wistfully, hoping I'd follow along with his suggestion.

But I knew avoiding the two men wouldn't do me any good to let my feelings churn around in my mind like cogs of a rusty machine. This car journey was my minute to recollect my logic and emotions without being irrational. So I could clear the air so that the rest of the next few days in New York could go smoothly.

"I'd love that, Seokjinnie, but we all promised to talk; that reminds me, we all need to discuss something, Jimin, and I felt it needed to be discussed with everyone," I mentioned. Jin's face was quick to twist into confusion, but Namjoon's expression was something I wasn't expecting.

Namjoon's eyes had drifted down to stare at his feet as if something would happen if his eyes wandered from his plain black vans. A red crimson painted across his warm honey cheeks was an unmistakable blush. The nervous disposition elaborated further when his lips exhaled a deep sigh.

"What's that look for?" I questioned.

Namjoon's eyes nervously wandered past oblivious Jin to meet my gaze, "I just have this feeling that things will get complicated if you're going to bring up what I think you are." He announced his worries.