16. Empress's orders

Antoinella de Alger Obelia 🔝

Sultana de Alger Obelia 🔝

I waited patiently in the waiting room, swinging my legs on the red velvet couch I was sitting on. In front of me, on the tea table, was a set of tea cups and obviously, tea. My taste for tea has not improved. The smell that people say was sweet and fragrant was nauseating to me.

Jane stood in front of me protectively. Her foe was the Empress's cat, Antoinella.

I didn't mind the animal, but Jane was horrified by just the fact that one of its fur could get on my beautiful and expensive outfit. She wouldn't let me pet the cat. Why does every adult in here except for the Empress herself detest these poor kitties?

"Jane-"

"I said no, m'lady! This cat goes outside everyday! Imagine all the dirt, the diseases-"

I'm her employer but apparently she's allowed to deny my requests now. She gets bolder everyday. I'm not a very strict boss. Last week I literally told her to rob half of the tea in our manor and bring it back to her family. Since she said no, I literally paid her to do it.

"But it's perfectly white and clean! It's probabky vaccinated and whatnot!" I complained. "C'mon! Just a pat on the head!"

"No, miss, no." Jane picked up a little white fur on the ground and showed it to me as if it were crime evidence "It leaves fur everywhere! Butler John told me about everything that lady Antoinella had done to the Emerald palace!"

"Like?"

"Not only does her food cost extremely much!" Jane huffed, looking at the innocent rare feline specimen just purring against the tea table's leg "But she also destroys the place by doing her claws on every carpet, curtains, and dresses! She also destroys the couches!!" Jane pointed at a little destroyed spot on the carpet.

"Meow?" Antoinella said innocently.

"And Sultana?" I asked, pointing my chin towards the other cat, which was actually just next to me, sleeping soundlessly, not even touching me.