36. First steps

"Hiiiiiiiii..." Jeannette knocked nervously on the other princess's new bedroom door.

She had just been informed yesterday that Athanasia would move in with them in the Emerald palace because after all, she is also a princess.

Jeannette was first scared because the princess kinda seemed cold and didn't seem to like her very much for some reason, but her mother had asked her to go make friends. Princess Athanasia would also join her in school apparently so they need to get along. Her mom also added that Athanasia was very nice and Jeannette just had the wrong impression.

And mommy is never wrong!

Athanasia's room was almost as well decorated as her own. She didn't have dolls nor stuffed animals. Instead of those types of toys, Athanasia had more shelves dedicated to stories and biographies, not to mention books on politics and encyclopedias etc... She however had more colored pencils then Jeannette, many more. She seemed to have every single shade of each color. Athanasia owned a less colorful room but every bit just as big and grand. The furniture didn't have anything to envy Jeannette. In a corner of the room was a mini room, a small little living space she arranged herself for Raven. There was a dog bed and every piece of furniture she had but in a miniature form for her friend. There were pompoms and little chewy sticks in there for him as well.

As for the closet, most of the clothes were fitted for a noble and Penelope didn't exaggerate unlike Claude on the number of extravagant outfits. Athanasia had just the right amount of ball dresses and normal dresses for everyday that she could wear to school as well as casual everyday outfits and a few other sporting attires in addition to what she already owned.

Otherwise, the games the blond girl had in her room were card games and board games like chess. She also seemed to take a liking to crosswords and puzzles.

"Hi." Athanasia replied as she saw Jeannette standing at the door, her back a little bit slouched as if she was intruding.

"Um...So...Yeah...Hi..." Jeannette repeated, already sure this was a bad decision. "Is everything okay here???"

"Yeah."

"Do you need help with anything??"

"No, the maids already unpacked everything for me." Athanasia said. She was kneeling in the corner of the room, decorating a tiny wooden chair for Raven, writing on it in multiple colors: 'Athy ❤️ Blackie 4ever' and added smiley faces and rainbows on it while Raven watched comfortably from his little doghouse which smelled of fresh paint on the outside and was also decorated by the princess herself.

"Soo...What are you doing???" The brunette asked.

Athanasia moved aside to show her the little chair she was painting on.

"I guess I'm just making Blackie his own little room..." She said.

"Why don't you ask the maids to do it for you?"

"Because Blackie belongs to me, not the maids." The blonde said as she pet Raven "He prefers is when I do things myself for him. And the maids never get anything right anyway..."

"That's not true! They're all very sweet!" Jeannette said.

They may be sweet, but that never stopped them from doing everything wrong.

"If you say so..." Athanasia hummed as she noticed how the other girl was still fiddling around the entrance of the room nervously "Do you wanna...come in and...sit down?"

Jeannette nodded immediately.

Athanasia waited for her to come in and sit down.

She didn't.