21. Debut (1)

It's been 6 years since I came into this world. 6 beautiful years. Everything was fine (I just fell off a cliff a few times and everyone got angry at me but meh), most of the events I could've predicted and I almost never had too many surprises. But today is a little bit different.

"I-I...I beg your pardon..?" I asked Roger.

"I'm engaged now." He repeated "To lady Meredith."

As Roselia spits out her tea with just the right amount of dignity and wiped her chin with a napkin, I crossed my arms and stared at Roger. We were all sitting in our living room with my father, Daisy and Jane. Roselia and I sat together on the sofa for two, count Judith was standing and Roger was in front of us, on the couch.

Well what was I supposed to say..?

"Well congratulations cousin, but your parents really agreed?" I asked.

No harsh feelings. Meredith is not my favorite person in the world, but this is a marriage out of love and not of wealth. Roger could marry who he wants I really really don't care. Meredith was also a kid back when she tossed me over a bridge. That was 6 years ago, the past is in the past. Plus, even dishonored she stays rich.

"If they agree I absolutely do not!" Roselia said before Roger could answer.

"Roselia-" Our father tried cutting in.

"She'll bring you nowhere! Roger!" Roselia continued huffing "She no longer has a decent reputation! With that mark on her face it's even worse!! Why don't you marry a commoner while you're at it?!"

"Because I don't have feelings for any specific commoner." Roger shrugged "My father DID make a deal out of this. The house of Kantegruel does have many contacts even though their daughter's reputation had been heavily tarnished by they who shall not be named. Meredith's reputation doesn't matter. Her house wealth is still the same and I want to marry her because we love each other."

Praise. They're not my favorite people in the world but still, praise. After going into a world where everything is MoNeY mOnEy MoNeY and I ONLY CARE ABOUT MY REPUTATION AND MY STATUS, I'm glad to finally see a marriage of love.

"We're related Roger! This will reflect on me too!" Roselia whined.

Because she can whine about absolute everything.

"It would've probably made a difference if I cared." Our cousin whistled. "You're both engaged already, I never objected anything to your decisions! Must you step on mine?"

"I just have a very personal dislike for Meredith see..." My little sister frowned.

Count Judith still had no idea of what Meredith did to me and I'd like to keep it this way. Thankfully Roselia respects my wishes. And yes, she got herself engaged to a certain Margarita too...Yay for her.

"Honestly I don't think you have a word to say in his engagement, Roselia." Count Judith said as he looked sternly to her "It's his decision to marry her. It's his and most probably also hers. You don't have a say in this."

"Ugh."

"I think it doesn't really matter who he marries." I shrugged "I'm just glad he finally found someone. He's so old now, I was afraid he's stay single forever!"

"Wow Penelope," Roger said sarcastically "Thank you."

I brushed my brown hair back and got up. I refuse to be on his side for more than 1 minute. After 1 minute of supporting him I feel obliged to throw in something offensive.

"Well good luck with your future wife, Whitey." I pulled Roselia up too "As long as you're happy! Come on Roselia! We go shopping today with the other ladies, remember?!!"