38. School

Lucas watched from a window as the two princesses left the palace gates into the carriage and gave a long sigh as the carriage left the palace grounds

Finally he would have some peace.

Not like he dislikes spending time with those two but-

Wait.

Actually.

Yes.

Yes he dislikes spending time with those two. All they do is talk about things they bore him or just not talk at all. They are not interesting. They draw, run around, eat, talk. Sometimes they'd do homework.

They were boring. Not worth of interest.

None of them seemed to have great appreciation for him either.

Jeannette was first afraid of him. But after two days of watching him getting himself in trouble and hearing him sigh endlessly for absolutely nothing, she somehow just decided to ignore him. She did still seem bothered when he called her a 'chimera', but didn't react that much either to his dismay. To her now, Lucas was not that important and she might as well not pay attention to him since nothing he says is anywhere near respectful or intelligent. Plus, it's hard to be afraid of him when he looks her age.

As for Athanasia, she managed to lose all respect for him. Lucas drew out a side of the princess no one has ever seen. She was normally posed, studious, perfectionist a bit, at least trying her best to be the perfect princess to please the emperor. But they found her red once, almost pulling her own hair out, screaming about how inacceptable the sorcerer's attitude was. The princess completely lost it, trying to throw all the cushions on her couch and her bed on the sorcerer, shouting against him, making a big scene for everyone.

Athanasia was respectful towards everybody, at least in a minimalistic way. And everybody held for her the minimum of respect and spoke to her in a polite manner (forget Claude for now). Yet Lucas really brought out the terrible side of her to the world. The princess once even grabbed his hair and yanked it after he had teased her for being like a "Goody two shoes." (Which isn't at all true)

To Athanasia, Lucas was childish. To Lucas, Athanasia was childish.

Lucas has now decided to keep his child body since it consumed less mana. The princesses seemed more comfortable with it anyway and were more familiar to him that way. They tend to just ignore him when he's in adult form out of awkwardness.

"Do you want to go to school too?" A voice asked behind him as he still emptily gazed outside.

"Are you going to ask everyone to enroll in school?" Lucas scoffed and turned around to face Penelope. "I'm not your stepdaughter."

"Why yes, I plan to also enroll my husband in school next month." Penelope rolled her eyes "No, Lucas-"

She got interrupted: "Hey. Who gave you permission to say my name?" Lucas glared at her.