I Just Want You

I Just Want You

Chapter 18

(Seth's POV~)

I could hear someone's voice but I couldn't make out who it was. It sounded like my mother but I couldn't understand how it could be her. She was dead. And I was... Oh shit. Am I dead?! But I wasn't ready to die! I still wanted to stay with Josh and finish school then go to some pretentious music university. I still hadn't yelled at Darren or asked him why he was kissing that girl. I wanted to do that stupid music contest so I could show people that I am serious in music.

That's when it hit me. Literally. Something was hitting my chest.

My throat started burning as I felt my heart jump. My eyes flew open as I gasped for air.

"We got him. Seth can you hear us?" Someone asked but my vision was to blurry to make out who it was speaking. "It's okay, just stay with us alright."

Then I felt drowsy all of a sudden and went back into the darkness.

******After Surgery******

Ugh my throat hurt so much. Well everything hurt to be honest but God I felt like my throat was dying of thirst. I opened my eyes as they adjusted to my surroundings I saw 3 figures in my room. Josh was asleep on a chair at the end of my bed while Chris was sitting on the floor with his back against the wall asleep also. But then I felt a hand squeeze my own and I looked down to find Darren sitting in a chair with his head laying beside my hand with his own still clasped around it. I felt myself smile but that faltered when I remembered what he did. But I couldn't let his hand go. I didn't want to. I just stared at him and watched his eyebrows furrowed every now and then in the cutest way. I really loved him but I just don't know if he feels the same.

"You're up." I heard Chris say quietly while yawning and stretching.

I nodded my head glancing at him before looking back at Darren's sleeping face. Does he love me?

"He got into a pretty heated discussion with your brother. You said he didn't love you but he does. Trust me he wouldn't lie about something like that unless there was a reason and knowing his ex she's probably scheming." He said looking between Darren and I.

I nodded again. He made a point and I should really just get the answer from Darren himself. "So...why are you here?"

"Check up. I saw you being rushed in. Honestly you scared the hell outta me man, you were covered in blood. Though surprisingly you didn't break any bones really just sprained your ankle and busted your head open..." He paused as if debating on telling me something.

"What else? Please just tell me." I said holding my breath.

"...you died for about a minute." He said running a hand through his hair, sighing.

"Wow." Was I could think of. No wonder I was hearing my mothers voice. But I won't be telling anyone about that since that'd probably make me sound pretty crazy.

All of a sudden I felt movement and saw Darren's eyes open. "You're awake!"

I nodded as he got out of his chair to hug me. "Don't ever scare me like that again! You hear me? God I thought I lost you and I just... I can't lose you Seth. I love you so much and I couldn't stand it if I lost you."

It was then I felt tears seeping through my gown. Darren was actually crying over me and here I was doubting him. He deserved better after all we've been through. "You won't lose me. Ever."

"Good. I don't ever want to." He squeezed me harder causing me to flinch a bit since I probably had a lot of bruises. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm just so happy-"

That's when I kissed him. I grabbed his face and pulled his lips to mine in a passionate kiss that is until someone cleared their throat.

"As much as I love you Darren, I could go without the making out with your boyfriend in front of me." Chris complained but I could hear the humor in his tone. So could Darren which was why he stuck his tongue out at him and went back to kissing me. Of course for only a couple minutes because Darren pulled away with this confused look on his face.

"You're brother mentioned something earlier. You said I didn't love you, why?" He questioned with a hurt look on his face.

That was also the moment I remembered what I had seen and became cold. "Do you usually kiss other girls when you're in love with someone else."

"Oh god... You saw that? Dammit Seth it wasn't like I wanted to, my dad was going to kick me out if I continued to date you." He said with shameful and hurt expression on his face. "But now I don't care what he does because I can't lose you. What he could do is nothing compared to what we have."

I stared at him carefully examining him before I decide whether or not to believe him. But I knew he wasn't lying because I wouldn't have fallen in love with him if I didn't think he loved me too. "I know that now. I'm sorry for doubting you, I should know by now that you love me and wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

He seemed to relax at my words and smiled while gently running his hand over my cheek. "I wouldn't dare hurt you. I will always love you no matter what."

"Fucking better or I'll beat your pretty face in." Josh added as he woke up. "So your father is the cause of this shit? Tell him to expect a niiice visit from me."

"Will do." Darren gulped even Chris got a frightened look causing me to laugh at how afraid these boys were of my brother. I was truly lucky to have Josh with me.

************************************

WELP THAT'S THE END OF THIS CHAPTER UNTIL NEXT TIME✌🏻️