Reality Bites

Reality Bites

Chapter 5

I went home straight after school. My dog came running to me as soon as I walked through the door and started pouting letting me know he wanted to go for a walk. So I set my book bag but keep my keys in my hand and grab Alfred's gray leash. I decided today I'd walk to the dog park. Alfred loved to play with others. When I arrived I was surprised to find Chris sitting on a bench watching his dog freely roam the park with the other dogs.

    "Seth!!!" Suzie calls out to me as she runs for a hug. Suzie was a sweet 9 year old girl who came to the park often with her parents... which I don't see.

    "Hey!" I say as I hug her. "Where are your parents?"   

    "They're at my moms work for some party. So my brother came with me today!" She says pointing over to Chris.    

    "O-oh." Was all I could get out before Chris walked over towards us.

   "The fuck you doing here?" He barks at me.   

    "Well last I checked this was a dog park, you know... where people bring their dogs." I answer sarcastically. 

    "Watch it you little whore." He  whispers in my ear before smacking my butt hard.    

    "Try that one more time." I dare him and he was about to go for it until Alfred growled at him. I giggled. 

    "It's okay buddy." I say petting him behind his ears.   

    "The hell? What is that?!" Chris asks.   

    "Umm, a dog. Go play with Suzie." I tell Alfred. He obeys.   

    "I don't want that big ass thing near my-!" He starts before Suzie calls Alfred over to her. His eyes widen in surprise as she cuddles up to Alfred. "The hell?"   

    "He's a nice dog. Well unless you try anything cruel against me." I say grinning. 

   "And I'll repeat, the hell?" he says looking me dead in the face.

   "How about I explain it in a way you'll understand. Nice to me doggy nice to you." I say to him like a baby.

   "You calling me an idiot?"    

   "Well I'm not calling you smart."   

   And without a word he grabs my hand and takes me into the forest next to the dog park and pushes me against a tree.    

   "I'm going to make you regret those words." He says before his lips crash into mine roughly. He shoves his tongue practically down my throat making my jaw hurt. I push against him but he doesn't budge then he pulls my hair pushing my face away so he could get my neck and bites it hard.   

    "OWW!" I scream. Alfred immediately heard and jump the dog parks fence and attacked Chris.   

    "Oww! Get this thing off me!!!" Chris screams.    

    "Al..." I try to say but faint all of a sudden.

    "Seth! Seth!" I hear someone calling me but can't see them due to my blurry vision and fainting again. When I woke up later I was in a hospital bed.    

    "Oww..." I mumble as I sit up with a head ache.   

    "Hey you're up." A familiar voice says. I look over to see Darren.   

    "The fuck are you doing here. Get bored with your girl friend already." I glare at him as his eyes widen.    

    "Well she's only my girlfriend in public. You'll be my secret boyfriend." He assures me.  

    "No thanks. I'll pass." I say simply and lay back down with my back facing him.     

    "Most people would take that up-"    

    "I'm not most people. You have no idea how I feel. I actually thought you liked me."    

    "I do-"     

    "Really? Then why is it a secret. I'm not gonna be some booty call when no ones home. Nor am I going to sit around watching you kiss any girl in public."   

    "Because if people knew i was a faggot like you they'd hate me and beat me up." he says but slowly realizes what he just said.   

    "Wow... you know what you should get out of my room before someone sees you with me." I say holding back the tears in my eyes.    

   "Seth that's not what I-!"    

   "Get out!" I say throwing a pillow at him. He looks at me sadly then leaves.

(Darren's POV~)    

   As I left the room I realized... I'm an IDIOT. There was no way he would ever agree to being my secret boyfriend. Hell I wouldn't. But when he kicked me out I saw the tears in his eyes fall as he threw the pillow. I... I did that. I kissed him and then kissed my ex girlfriend. He saw it... no wonder he was so pissed. I'm a horrible person.    

   "Hey, Darren." Chris's dad comes up to me.    

   "Ahh hey Mr. Stevens. What are you doing here?" I ask.   

   "Well apparently Chris ah... did something to hurt Seth... and Alfred attacked him." He's says.   

   "Wow." Was all I could say.     

   "Well Chris did it to himself. He should keep his hands to himself."     

   "What did Chris do?"  

   "Well according to the doctors my son bit Seth on his neck making him bleed."    

   "He did what?!" I say angered.    

   "Yes we know it doesn't really make sense but it's the truth." He says sighing.

   "So who got the gorilla of Chris? Animal control?"     

   "No. Apparently it was a friend of Seth's brother. Alex I think it was... He got the dog and put him in his car. He called for an ambulance and took the dog home I believe."   

   "Wow. That's just... wow."   

   "Yes well I gotta get back in Chris's room for when he wakes up."    

   "Are his injuries bad?" I ask.  

   "Not to serious. He just has a lot of strong medication." He assures me.   

    "Oh okay. That's good." I say before leaving. I walked back towards Seth's room passing the churches chapel but then hear a song play. I see Seth sitting at the piano. I sneak in without Seth noticing and continue to watch him play. , Hall Of Fame.

Thank you for reading!

Please comment because I love to hear your input. ♥

Music by: The Script- Hall Of Fame