Processing

Processing

Chapter 14

(Darren's POV~)

I couldn't quite grasp what had just happened but a part of me knew I was trying to deny it. My best friend, my brother and teammate has Cancer. How was I supposed to take it? I didn't want to cry I wanted to punch something and before I knew it my fist was in contact with the hard rusty metal of the playground. I couldn't stop, the feeling wasn't disappearing.

"Darren!? Darren stop it!" Seth yelled at me repeatedly until he grabbed my arms and hugged me. I didn't know what it was he just did but it calmed me immediately. I cried softly into his thin shoulder as he whispered soothing words, "Shh it's okay. It's okay."

"He's gonna die." I sniffed feeling him touch my head softly with his own while cradling my face in his hands.

"We'll figure something out. I promise." He said before giving my lips a quick peck.

"Why him? I know he's an ass but he's my best friend!" I cried as Seth cradled my face more.

"I don't know sometimes stuff like this just happens. You're just looking for a reason that isn't there." He said quietly. I didn't want to believe any of this was happening but it was and what killed me was this nagging feeling that I'll be stuck having to choose between my best friend and my boyfriend. "Hey, how about we go to my house and I play you something?"

I looked up at him and saw him smiling softly at me. I leaned up and pressed my lips to his soft ones. He didn't kiss back at first but slowly started moving his lips against mine in a gentle motion. As we pulled away I nodded and he grabbed my hand pulling me to my car.

The ride home was quiet since I was still upset and I could tell Seth was too which was surprising since he doesn't get along with Chris...like at all! I stopped in front of Seth's house and got out to walk inside. Once we got in his house Seth told me to sit down and try to relax as he went into the kitchen. I heard him shuffling around for about 5 minutes until he came back with a cup of hot tea.

"It usually helps me relax when I'm upset but not without the best part." He smiled as he pulled out some whipped cream from behind his back. "I have a feeling this can will be all gone by the end of the day."

I smiled at him as he sprayed some on my cup of tea and then into his mouth which seemed to turn me on. So I set the cup down gently onto the coffee table and grabbed the whipped cream from him as I placed my lips on his. He was shocked at first but soon started kissing back with just as much passion. I pushed my tongue between his lips and instantly tasted the whipped cream which tasted way better then I remember. I pulled away slightly and spoke quietly, "Tastes better from your mouth."

His cheeks went up in flames before I gave his lips one last peck. He looked up at me with innocent eyes that seemed to be begging for more but he quickly changed his expression and stepped back to walk over to the piano. He pulled out a paper that read 'OnlyOne'.

It began very slow and seemed depressing but at the same time peaceful. I found myself drinking the tea and slowly becoming more and more tired as he continued playing more until I fell asleep.

___Next Day___

I woke up to find that I was laying in Seth's bed and quickly scanned the room for him but all I found was his dog laying at the foot of the bed. I got up from the bed and walked in the living room to find Josh sitting on his computer.

"Uhh... morning..." I said awkwardly causing him to lift his head to give me a quick glance before continuing to type something on his laptop.

"Morning." He said not bothering to look again.