The Word Cute

The Word Cute

Chapter 7

I woke up to an unfamiliar voice, I peeked through my tired eyes to see Alec.

"Morning cutie." Alec says to me as I rub my eyes like a 6 year old.

"The fuck? It's too early for you to piss me off." I mumble.

"What do you-?" He starts but Josh interrupts.

"He hates being called cute." Josh says with a toothbrush in his hand.

"Oh well, you'll learn to love it." Alec chuckles as he pecks my cheek and gets off my bed. "Now it's time to get up."

"No." I mumble smothering my face in my pillow.

"Wakey wakey."

"No." I say against my pillow.

"Please?"

"I've fallen and I can't get up. Now go fuck yourself and let me sleep." I wave my hand in a 'shooing' manner.

"I'll jump on you and start singing the barney song."

"I'm up!" I say quickly sitting up. I hate that song.

"Alrighty then. Get dressed so we can leave."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm driving you to school. That okay?"

"I prefer to walk." I say bluntly.

"Well, we'll walk together if you don't want to be driven."

"That would be lovely." I say batting my eyes in a sarcastic tone.

"Alright then." He says ignoring my sarcasm and starts walking around my room observing my posters and CD's. "Your room has changed since the last time I was here."

"Yeah. A lot of things have changed when you were gone."

"What do you mean?"

'Well I've been getting beat up by some of your old friends.' I thought to myself.

"Nothing. Nevermind." I say getting up from my bed to get clothes out of my dresser. "Now get out of my room so I can change."

"Why? We're both guys." He says winking and moving closer to me.

"Yeah. 2 guys that are dating. Out." I say pointing towards the door.

"Fine." He hung his head low and walked out. I couldn't help but giggle at his actions.

I grabbed a white tank top with a red graphic on it, my black skinny jeans that hugged my butt and some red vans. Once I put those on I grabbed my phone and grabbed my phone putting it in my back pocket. Then grabbed my bookbag and went out to the living room.

"Woah." Alec says blushing at me or should I say my butt.

"Hey perv, eyes up here." I say crossing my arms.

"Sorry. I... ahh... let's get going." He walks towards the door still blushing.

Once we were outside we walked towards the school but then I paused at the Starbucks across the street.

"Let's stop for some coffee."

"Alright." Alec says as I grab his hand and walk across the street to go inside.

As we walked in people stared at our intertwined hands. I ignored it and continued to hold Alec's hand as we went up to the cashier.

"Ahh... What can I get you?" The guy says staring at our hands too.