Smart Ass

Smart Ass

Chapter 1

I woke up to the smell of burnt toast and an unpleasant smell of oranges. So I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen with my hair a mess and sweat from the bad dream I had but lucky for me the burnt toast woke me up.       

   "Morning, lil' bro." Josh said. I stared at him and then back at the food.

   "Are you trying to kill me?" I asked sarcastically.  

   "No... what makes you say that?"  

   "Oh, I don't know maybe the burnt toast or the fucked up homemade orange juice that smells like a woman's perfume from the shit shack. So you tell me, are you trying kill me?" I said sarcastically. 

    "Okay, I get it. I can't cook. But I wanted to try to make you something for you're first day back at school." he said pouting.  

    "No offense Bro... but you failed horribly and get that pout off your face you looked like a weird monkey." I say sighing.  

    "You really aren't cute." he said sighing and turning to the toast to throw out. 

    "I know." I grin. Then I turned around to be tackled by Alfred and licked to death. "Ugh, I get it, I get it, I love you too." 

    "Aww..." he says. 

    "Shut it Dr. Idiot." I snap back. I finally got out from under Alfred and went to get dressed. I decide to wear black and gray. Then when I was finished I brushed my hair and teeth. Instead of styling my hair I just put on a black hat.    

   "Bye!" I yelled running out the door and closing it before I heard his reply. I decided to walk to school since I was up early enough.

   Once I got to school I went to the piano room and sat down. When class finally started I saw Darren and he obviously saw me because he decided to sit right next to me.

    "Hey fag." He said grinning. I felt my fists tightening it's grip on my book bag laying in my lap. "Why are in this class? Not like you play." He said sounding sure of himself. I lightened my grip and sighed. 

    "I play better then you. That I know." I said with a grin. He flinched at my response. 

    "So you do know how to talk."   

    "Yes, I just never had any reason to talk. Plus you and your friends always gave me a headache with all your yapping an barking. This is why I don't have a Chihuahua as a pet." I said sarcastically. He seemed even more pissed at my tone.  

    "How long have been a sarcastic nerd?" He says.     

    "Almost as long as you've been an abrupt moron." I said with a grin. He was definitely pissed now.   

    "You!-" he was cut off by the teacher, Mrs.Owens. 

    "Okay class! Most of you know me, for those of you who don't, I'm Mrs. Owens. I have a tradition I do where 1 person gets to volunteer to play a piece they know on the piano. If no one volunteers I will choose." Once she was done a group of people from last year's piano class called out my name. I flinched a bit uncomfortable with all the attention I was getting. I glanced at Darren who was grinning. He thought they were trying to humiliate me but it was the opposite. Then Mrs. Owen's smiled at me. "Mr. Dimen please?" She begged.  

    "Fine." I sighed hearing Darren chuckle. Fine, you want a show. I'll give you one.

*Powerful music fills the room*

     I decided to play another piece I wrote called "Radioactive" Then I watched as Darren eyes widened and started looking lost in the music. I grinned and continued to play. When I was finished everyone wanted me to play more. I frowned.  

      "No." I said bluntly, sighing. When "Why's" filled the room I let the truth come out. "Because I'm not some chimpanzee here for your amusement. Now sit your ass's down and try to learn for once in your damn life's."

       I saw everyone look at me shocked due to my smart ass mouth, even Darren. He was even more shocked because he never heard me speak like that to anyone heck he didn't even know I could speak until five minutes ago.

       "Well, you've definitely improved. Was this a piece you wrote?" Mrs. Owens asked me.

       "Yes, now are we done playing 21 questions?" I said sarcastically. She just sighed and moved on to more of her traditions. Yep, she has more. Then suddenly Darren poked me and glared over at him. 

     "Hey... could you teach me how to play that?" he said blushing a bit. I was a bit shocked but nodded.

     "Great. How about after school?" he asked.   

     "Sure."    

     "Your house?"   

     "Umm... sure." 

     "Great! Meet me by the library after school?"  

     "Fine." As I said that the bell rung dismissing us from 1st period. I jumped out of my seat and went to my next class.

Thank you for reading!

Please comment because I love to hear your input. ♥

Music by: Imagine Dragons- Radioactive