The Obvious

The Obvious

Chapter 6

I'm still the hospital but am going to be released in a few hours. Who knows when these dumb ass doctors will finally get here to check me out. I hate hospitals.

   "Seth!" Josh said running into the room with tears. "I was so worried!"

   "Relax. I only fainted not like I'm about to die." I sigh.

   "I don't care, you're still in the hospital!" He yells.

   "Fine, fine. Don't get your panties in a bunch." I say waving my hands up in surrender. "Anyway how's ahh... Chris?"

   "He's fine. Alfred didn't do too much damage thanks to Alec."

   "Alec?"

   "Yeah he's back in town. He was across the street getting a coffee when he saw Alfred jump someone. So he got Alfred off him and in too the car and called an Ambulance for you 2."

   "Wow. Did Alfred bite him too?"

   "Not really. He snapped at him and got him once but other then that he's okay."

    "Good." I said letting out a relieved sigh.

    Alec was one of my brothers patients he and I became close friends with. He was 17 and came from Russia when he was 5. His russian accent wasn't noticeable anymore since he practiced a lot. He played a lot of guitar and taught me how to. He was very gorgeous and I'll admit I had a crush on him but got over it when I saw him with this girl. He was a very kind person but sometimes a bit... oblivious to a persons feelings.

   "So has a doctor come in yet?" My brother says snapping me out of my thoughts.

   "No because he has no time to actually do his job." I snap.

I hated my doctor. He had no idea what he was doing and took forever to do something as simple as get a nurse. I mean seriously you have pagers for a reason dumbass.

   "I'll go check. Be back in a minute." He says walking out into the hall.

   "That's what they all say." I mumble.

   "Someone's grouchy." A voice said and I turned to see Alec standing in the door way with a grin. He was wearing some tan jeans and a creamy white sweat shirt with some all black vans to match the writing on his sweatshirt that said in big letters 'Don't stop believing'. His hair was sandy blonde and his eyes were pale green which went well with his skin light tan and build.

   "Alec?" I asked looking up at him. Damn he's tall.

   "The one and only." He said grinning widely.

   "Wow you're... tall." I say feeling my cheeks heat up.

   "Nah, you're just short." He shrugs walking over to me.

   "I'm not short. I'm only 5'4 and you're like what? 6'0?" I point out.

   "Woah I am 6'2. Thank you very much." He says crossing his arms and sticking his tongue out.

   "Still the same just 2 inches more."

   "It's not the same because of those 2 more inches."

   "Whatever." I sigh and lay back down. I never really say any smartass comment to him. Maybe I will here and there but not that often.

   "So how have you been?"

   "Other then some asshole with THE largest ego biting me and putting me in the hospital and having a dumbass doctor, I'm doing just fine." I say letting the sarcasm come out.