Only If You Knew Me

Only If You Knew Me

Chapter 10

SETH'S POV~

Darren asked me out yesterday... I thought it was all a dream until I got to school. No, I didn't get evil glares or punches from the team. I got smiles and Garrett came up to me!

"Hey Gar... umm... is something wrong?" I ask a bit uneasy at his sudden approach. We haven't talked in a long time well he never has talked, he writes. So he handed me a paper then walked away.

'Seth,

I am so sorry. We were friends and I just stopped talking to you. I had no idea why you were acting so cold and distant... it scared me. When you suddenly came up to me and Carlos I got uneasy and didn't know what to say to you. Carlos said you hated us so I ignored you... but then I found out your mother died and thought maybe that was what happened but then I saw what the team did to you... I thought you'd never forgive me. Your brother made me realize later that I left you when you needed me most... that you never hated me or Carlos, you were just horribly upset and I just got scared and before I knew it, it was too late but I want you to know... I never stopped wanting to be your friend, I just thought you did but now I know you didn't so I promise you if you give me a second chance I will make sure to be there for you and protect you. If you don't I understand, I just wanted you to know I'm sorry. P.S. I'm happy for you and Darren. He's a great guy and really loves you.

-Garrett'

I felt my eyes begin to water when I quickly ran after Garrett. I knew he meant it because if there's one thing about him I knew best is that when he writes something, he means it. Of course I'd forgive him, he was my best friend even though he left me and never tried to help me I knew he wasn't a very brave person. He was mute for a reason, he knew he was wrong and I believe he won't hurt me again. He's a man of his word.

Once I saw Garrett I fastened my pace and hugged him. "Of course I'd forgive you dumbass. You're my best friend!" I shouted before pulling back to see his expression. His eyes were wide in surprise but narrowed as he smiled and hugged me while he cried silently into my shoulder. Yeah he's the opposite of a jerk. He's like a little kid, he cries easily, scares easily, smiles easily and is forgiven easily.

"Calm down there. I forgive you so don't cry." I say patting his back. He pulls back sniffling a bit and nodded before Darren came up behind him.

"Hey guys." He smiles.

"H-hi." I say blushing as Garrett quietly waves at him.

"Are you busy after school?" He asks.

"Not particularly. Why?" I ask suspiciously.

"Wanted to know if you could come to practice after school... can you?" He scratches the back of his neck nervously with a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"I don't know... doesn't your team hate me?"

"Not if I have something to say about it." He grins.

"And what about Alec?"

"Ohh... I didn't think that far yet..." He frowns slightly and I sigh giving in.

"Fine. I'll go."

"Great, it's a date." He says making my blush darken. "Well class will be starting soon, so let's go."

"Okay. Bye Garrett." I said waving to Garrett as he did the same.

"You guys friends again?" Darren asks.

"Ahh... yeah I guess." I shrug.

"Good. He's a good person."

"I know."