Bad Things Happen

Hiiiii I know I haven't updated in so long but ugh school just keeps handing me more and more work plus I had gotten a boyfriend but he turned out to be just another ass. Oh well. Now on with the story~

»»»»»»»
Bad Things Happen

Chapter 16

(Seth's POV~)

I always dreamed of waking up in Darren's arms the night after we made love but when I woke up in reality he was no where near me. I sat up slowly and kept my naked body under the covers since it was cold. My eyes scanned the room searching for Darren but found an empty room causing my stomach to drop. I thought he'd stay in bed with me especially after yesterday so why wasn't he? Right then my door opened and my brother stood in the doorway and before I could cover myself up more and explain, he stopped me.

"His mother called him to see where he was and they came to get him." He said calmly before sighing and staring at me. "Please tell me you guys were safe."

"Umm... it wasn't really planned...and umm... can we not talk about this?" I said feeling flustered.

"No we will talk about this now! This is serious and whether or not you planned this you should have used protection! You're putting both yourself and him at risk for diseases!" He scolded me.

"I know." I said lowering my head in regret. Though I don't believe we have any diseases I still should have been more responsible.

Josh continued to scold me for 10 minutes before he got paged for an emergency at the hospital since he worked a shift today and there was no practice for the soccer team. I let out a relieved sigh before I quickly got dressed and called Darren.

'The number you have reached is not available-'

What? Why isn't he answering? Shouldn't I have gone straight to voicemail? Something wasn't right and could feel it so I ran out of the house and went to find him.

His building came into view as I ran closer and then reached his front door giving it a loud knock before I stepped back to wait patiently.

2 HOURS LATER

I was still sitting on the swinging bench at the corner of his porch just waiting for him. I refused to leave until I saw him but suddenly Claire's car pulled up and Darren stepped out of it along with her. She grabbed his hand as he led her up the porch steps to unlock the door and luckily they didn't notice me. I kept expecting him to remove her hand from his but he didn't. And once they were inside I looked through the window to see her kissing him which suddenly brought tears to my eyes. I went completely numb as I dropped my phone on the porch with a loud thud. Well now I guess I knew why he hadn't replied just wish I didn't.

You shouldn't have ever trusted him, Seth.

I could feel my whole body shutting down as I trembled and cried more.

You need to leave Seth. Now. I told myself and before I knew it I did but only to get the full impact of a car. That's when everything went black.

(Josh's POV~)

I finished helping the surgeon with the stitches then washed up only to get another page. This is gonna be a busy day. On my way to the ER I kept thinking about Chris. I wonder if he's doing okay and if he ate anything today. Hmm... Breaking me out of my thoughts the paramedics run in explaining what had happened and I ran over to help examine the injuries but stopped in my tracks. This boy was... was Seth!

"Out of my way this is my brother!" I shouted at the doctors as I looked down at Seth. He had cuts covering his whole body and how eyes were bloodshot and trying to stay open. "Seth it's me Josh. I need you to stay with me okay?"

"Darren...doesn't...love me..."Was all he said before his eyes rolled back.

"Get him into surgery now! We need to get a blood transfusion ready also. He's lost too much blood." I told the nurse beside me as she instantly nodded.

"What's his blood type?" She asked quickly.

"O." I said before running back to assist in the surgery.

After the surgery was finished we hooked him up to an IV for the blood transfusion. He was lucky the car hadn't hit too hard or he'd be dead. I sighed as I sat down beside the bed to hold his hand, thinking about what he had said.

Darren... doesn't... love me...

Why say that then though? I kept thinking before I traced it to the accident. I quickly got out of my seat to go look at the report. I looked through the address and found that it was near Darren's house. Something must have happened between them and Seth ran.

I pulled out my phone and called him but he didn't pick up. So I called more until I gave up. I'll just have to talk to him tomorrow along with Seth's friends since they might want to know about this.

(Darren's POV~)

I didn't want to be with Claire but my dad fucking punched me just because I was at Seth's house. He told me Claire had told him we broke up because I was gay and he threatened to kick me out of the house if he ever saw me with him again then demanded I get back together with Claire. I know I'm a coward for doing this especially after yesterday, hell this whole time spent with Seth. He made me so happy and accepted me in his life and as a boyfriend but everything we worked for is going down in flames.

I know that if I told him he'd understand and maybe we can meet in secret just until I can figure things out but last time I tried that he got really upset and I don't want to cause him that pain. So I'm thinking I'll break up with him until I can get my parents to accept me being gay and find a place to go if they don't.

But the only problem was both of these plans would just hurt Seth in the end...

Sorry it's short but I'm doing a lot of time skipping in this chapter so I wanted to try and spread those out.