Those 3 Words

Those 3 Words

Chapter 15

SEXUAL CONTENT BELOW!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. ENJOY ;)

(Josh's POV~)

I don't know why I felt so emotional about this when I hate the kid but for some reason I closed myself in my room and quietly let the emotions slip through my eyes. Despite Chris being an ass I felt like the kid was just scared of the unknown. He didn't like gay people I knew that but I feel like there's a reason.

I laid back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling in deep thought until my phone rang. I reached over to see who it was, the screen read Alec so I picked it up.

"Hello." I said quietly.

"Hey, I know you took the day off but Chris is here and he said he needs to speak with you. Something about quitting the team." Alec said.

"Uh yeah I'm on my way." I said before hanging up. I quickly changed into some skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and some addida sandals before grabbing my car keys and practically running out the door.

I drove fast enough to get me there in under 5 minute then ran to the field to find Alec and Chris by the benches. Alec had his arms folded across his chest while Chris sat on the bench with his head held in his hands. I walked up to them not even glancing at Alec as I told him to give us a minute.

He left with an understanding nod before going back to watch the boys closer as I sat down next to Chris. "I understand." I said to him staring at the clear blue sky.

"News travel's fast, huh?" He deadpanned as he looked up to meet my eyes with his tired blue ones. I could tell from just one glance he was exhausted and sick which pained me even more.

"No. I pried it out of them." I said softly.

"Bet their glad I'm dying. At least now they don't have to worry about any more of my constant homophobic comments." He laughed with no humor before he let his head fall back into his hands. "I deserve what I get."

With that I immediately wrapped an arm around him and spoke, "No, you actually don't. Darren has been crying so much that he can't even say your name without breaking down and my brother isn't the type to hate a person so much he wishes him dead. They sincerely want you to stay with us. Even I do."

He immediately threw his head up to look at me shocked before slowly starting to cry. "I'm so sorry. Please believe me. I was being an ass and I can't even explain why because it was so stupid. Just know I am truly sorry for hurting him and everyone."

I smiled at him and ran my hands playfully through his hair quickly. "I believe you."

He glanced at me with teary eyes before smiling and hugging me. Right there he looked so tiny and innocent. He was weak, scared, and just needed some comfort which I found myself wanting to provide. I hugged him back before pulling away to stare at him seriously. "I want you to fight this. I know you have it in you to give this a decent fight."

"They say that it's leukemia. It can be treated but they caught it a bit late so it'd be a more risky procedure and I can't even afford it even if I wanted to and my parents aren't helpful enough as it is." He said softly.

"They'll help when I talk to them." I said sternly causing Chris to look at me shocked.

"I don't think that's a great idea. They aren't very friendly people nor have they cared about any of my teachers phone calls." He tried to explain.

"I've dealt with worse so if you think some unfit parent's are going to stop me from getting you the decent care you need, you'd be wrong. I am going help you fight this." I said seriously as I stared deep into his eyes.