Stomach Pains

Stomach Pains

Chapter 3

After Darren left I went back to sleep only this time in my bed next to Alfred and I didn't have much of an appetite. My stomach was killing me so I figured more sleep might help. When it was time to wake up and take a shower I got out of bed feeling worse. I went to the mirror to look at my stomach which was really bruised but I ignored it. I hopped in the shower feeling pain on my stomach every time the water hit making my shower very short.   

    Once I got out I put on a gray and white striped shirt, some jeans and my Sperry's. Then went to the kitchen to put an icepack on my stomach.  

  "Mornin' sunshine." My brother said coming out of his room grinning like an idiot.    

   "Call me sunshine again, I cut your balls off. We clear?" I said giving a cute yet devilish smile.    

   "Crystal." He said gulping nervously. "So what happened?" He asked gesturing toward the icepack.     

  "Nothing. I just had a little headache now I'm going to head to school. Anything else Nancy Drew?" I said defensively.  

     "No." He said looking concerned.   

    "Good now I'm going to go to school."  

     "Okay, love you lil' bro." Giving me a sincere smile.   

    "Later." Was all I could say. I have not said 'I love you' since my parents died. In truth I don't know if I will ever be able to say it again... but for some reason I feel I could say it to Darren. As I walked to school I saw Chris and Darren walking out of Starbucks I tried to walk by without being noticed but failed.   

    "Hey lil' bitch. You have some guts showing your face around me after that little punch you gave me yesterday." Chris said grinning. I saw Darren's eyes widen but then narrowed and ignored my existence.     

   "Well I had no choice. It was either punching you or whoring myself out to a pig. You started it not to mention you had it coming." I said sighing.   

    "The fuck did you say?!" He said raising his fist.   

    "Chris, let it go." Darren said surprising me.   

    "The fuck did you say? Are you on his side now?!" Chris snapped at Darren.    

    "No, it's just to early in the morning for this but you can do what you want." He sighed. And with that he punched me right in the stomach and walked away.  

     When I arrived at school I went to the bathroom to rinse my mouth out so my teeth weren't bloody anymore. Though that wouldn't last long because I kept coughing up more blood. Once I was finished I went to my first period a bit late.  

     "Mr. Dimen you're late." Mrs. Owens said.   

    "So I noticed." I replied sitting down in my seat.   

    "Don't let it happen again."   

    "Yeah yeah." I said sighing. Once she turned away Darren moved next to me.   

    "So why are you late?" He asked looking concerned. 

     "I didn't realize you needed to know." I snap.  

     "Well, sorry. Just wanted to know if you were okay... guess you are." He frowned.  

     "Who knew... you actually do care." I said sarcastically pissing him off.   

    "I don't give a fuck about you. You just piss me off. I hope you didn't treat you parents like this before they died."      

     My eyes widened and tears filled them. Then I quickly left the room to go to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall to cry until the next bell rung. When it did I went straight to gym as i stared at my gym clothes. How was I going to change... my stomach looks horrible. I'll just change when everyone gets out.   

    Once everyone was done I went to my locker and took off my shirt but then paused when I heard the door slam. Before I could cover my stomach Darren poked his head around the corner of the lockers seeing my bruised torso.    

    "What happened to your stomach?!" He asked concerned.    "You aren't very bright are you?" I said sarcastically.    

   "No, I'm not. Now stop being a smart ass and tell me-"    

   "Well where do I begin! Freshman year? Well you see there are these idiotic bastards that like to call me names and push me around. Recently they've been punching me and throwing me around. Just yesterday I almost had to suck a guys dick or be beaten to death so I knocked him out. And today he decided to give me one last punch in the stomach that has had me coughing up blood making me late for my first period. And if that's not good enough I had to have some asshole use my parents as a comeback and remind me that they're dead! Are you happy now?! You have managed to screw everything up! Do you know I can't even tell my brother 'I love you too!' That every night I have nightmares about their death! That I have to constantly keep myself from breaking down in the middle of class and crying! And that ever since my parents died i haven't been able to function the way I used to!!!" I yell at him and with every word his eyes got bigger.     

    "I didn't... I didn't know that you-"    

    "Exactly! You didn't know! Because you bastards never give shit!" I snap.    

     "I know... I know I've treated you horribly... but I want to change that." He said.   

     "And how might you do that?"  

     "By you putting on a shirt and coming with me." Was all he said as he threw me my shirt sitting on the bench and grabbed my hand leading me out the door.   

     Once we arrived I saw that we were in the auditorium and there was a piano sitting in the middle of the stage. He walked toward it but paused and held out a hand toward me.     

     "Well you going to let it out or what?" he asked. I took his hand and walked to the piano and sat down on the bench next to him and began to play "Impossible".   

     Once I finished he leaned towards me and his lips met mine.As our lips moved together I felt his hand gently slide up my arm and touched my cheek sending shivers through my body. Then he pulled away and I stared shocked at him.   

    "I'm sorry... It's just that whenever I'm near you i want to touch you... to kiss you. Because I... I really like you.

Thank you for reading!

Please comment because I love to hear your input. ♥

Music by: Shontelle- Impossible