Cold Glare

Cold Glare

Chapter 8

I just stood there looking at a shocked Darren. I didn't know what to say. He snapped out of it after a few seconds and walked away. Wow, here I thought he was going to hit me or something but he didn't. He said nothing. Why do I feel disappointed? I knew he didn't like me... I have Alec so why do I feel so disappointed? It's not like he was ever going to shout "I like you!" in public. I just need to get over my little crush I have on him.

Once class was dismissed I went to my locker to get my Geometry book. I always put my class books in my locker, those fuckers are heavy as the fuck. I pull out my book but grab my phone out of my back pocket that was vibrating. I unlocked the screen and saw a message from Alec.

'Hey just wanted to check and see if you're okay. Also I miss you already! ;)'

I couldn't help but blush at the sudden text and text back. 'I'm okay. I miss you already too :)'

Then shove my phone back in my pocket, grabbed my book and stuffed it in my bookbag. I was about to go to my next class but saw Darren and before I could think my feet started walking toward him and my mouth spoke, "Darren?"

"What is it Chri- Seth?" He spoke in a tired tone. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I hope that we can still be friend-"

"Don't worry about it. It's not as if I care. We were never friends and I just kissed you to keep your mouth shut about the beatings." He spoke humorously. But no one was laughing except him. "Don't worry I'll tell everyone to take it easy on you since you're a parentless child."

I said nothing because my voice would tremble and I knew he'd only laugh at me more. So I just left and went to the bathroom. Once I got in I glanced at my now wet face in the mirror. I stared deeper into the mirror looking for something worth looking at... but I found nothing. I just saw me... a nothing. I couldn't stand the sight of myself and before I knew it my fist made contact with the glass... over and over again until blood was all I could see. Until the mirror was completely shattered. I stared at my hand in some sort of daze when suddenly the bathroom door came flying open and the person stared at the mirror blankly but his eyes widened once they saw my hand.

"Hey, are you okay? That looks painful." He spoke softly.

"I'm doing great. Just had a disagreement with the mirror." I said bluntly and walked out the door cradling my hand.

It's funny how when you lose so much blood you just stop feeling pain and just doze off into some kind of world. I wanted to escape here I wanted to stop griefing over what happened 2 years ago but I couldn't. I just kept blaming myself for what happened to them. It was my fault.

*Flashback*

"Seth! Mom and Dad are on the phone!" My brother shouted. I immediately came running out of my room to snatch the phone out of his hands.

"Hey Mom!" I greeted as Josh chuckled at my reaction.

"Hey Honey! How are you doing? Is school going good?" She asked excitedly as if it's been ages since we last spoke. To mom and I our time spent away from eachother was like dog years. 1 week felt like 1 year to us.

"School is school. I'm doing okay, Alfred's been hanging out with me more now since you aren't here. I think he misses you too." Alfred barks in the background agreeingly. "How about you guys? How's your honeymoon going?"

"It's great! The people are lovely here and the view from our room is beautiful." She said as Dug shouted, "Especially when your mother's in it!"