Never Let Go

Never Let Go

Chapter 19

(Darren's POV~)

Seth has been in the hospital for about 2 days now and my mom decided to come meet him today so I'm driving with her to the hospital. My dad has just been a douche since I told him I'm not going to go out with someone I have no feelings for. But I haven't told him officially I'm still seeing Seth but if today goes well, I will.

As we entered the hospital Josh walked towards us glaring at my mom but I held her hand in a way that reminded her to keep calm.

"Glad to see you came Mrs. Monroy." Josh said giving her a stiff smile which told me Seth had talked to him also.

"Yes well I think it's been long enough." She said returning a stiff smile.

"Well he's awake and allowed visitors, so you can go see him now." He said before leaving in a hurry. Hmm?

Anyway we walked up to Seth's room and saw him sitting up in his bed listening to music on his iPod. I sneaked over and then...

"Boo!"

He stared at me with a smirk and dangled the right earbud in between his fingers that wasn't in his ear in front of me. "Nice try but I heard you come in."

"Dammit." I pouted but smirked because he was the cutest thing when he smirked. I hugged him tightly for as long as I could before my mom coughed in the background instantly making us both frown at the long day ahead of us.

"So Seth..." My mom said awkwardly trying to think of the right words to say.

"Yes I love your son and no I don't do drugs or drink." Seth said without hesitation as if he knew her question and seeing my mom's shoulders relax tells me that's what she wanted to ask.

"And the umm... Bruises you had..."

"I have been bullied a lot." He said stiffly telling us he doesn't like remembering.

"Oh I see. I'm sorry for my husband and I's behavior-"

"Don't apologize and if he is sorry he will say it to my face himself."

My mom chuckled a bit at his serious face and muttered, "I see why you like him."

"I love him, mom. More then anyone in this world." I said glancing over at my blushing boyfriend.

"I see. Now I need to know one thing..." She paused as Seth held up a hand blushing, "That is better answered from your son."

As he said that she looked over at me with a bit of a shocked face. "So you guys have err sealed the deal?"

"Moooom!" I whined.

"Please tell me you used protection at least." She sighed.

No. "Yes! Yes mom now can we move on." I blushed a bit as Seth giggled at us. My mom on the other hand started to gush at him.

"Aww he's so cute!" She squealed. Oh god my mom is a fan girl. She cleared her throat calming herself down. "Now I don't know how your father is going to react to all of this. I can only say he's unpredictable when it comes to decisions and such. I know your father loves you..."

"You just don't know if his love for me will overcome the fact his son is gay." I finished for her.

"Well...yes." She sighed. I knew she didn't want to admit any of it but she was trying to be honest.

"It's okay mom. I know." I said softly, smiling sadly back at her. "I'm going to stick around with Seth for a little while longer, that okay with you?"