Christmas Special 2

I had a killer idea about this one.

This is the time skip. With, some special twists.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Nino was grumbling as she put her dress on and was getting her coat. It was long sweater dress in a dark blue. The black coat she wore was going to help her with the surprise. It was Christmas time as you got the keys to the car. You were double checking everything before heading to the sister apartment. Itsuki, Yotsuba, and Miku still lived together. They were still living and working in the city so no reason to change the pace. Fuutaro would come over and spend the night occasionally with Miku, but with Ichika on her own with her films and Nino living with you there was more space. 

"You think there will be other surprises going on?" You asked her.

"You mean besides our news?" She asked.

"Think Fuutaro will ask Miku the golden question I did? Will the other three have a boyfriend join us? I don't know. The only news I know is ours. Just guessing. It's your sisters, Fuutaro, Maruo, and us."

"Still Boo, nothing to mind. Outside maybe another American movie for Ichika. But that's normal for her right now."

"True. Very true. Purse and all? Got everything?" One final check before going through the door and locking up.

"An ice cream bar." She gasped.

"Sure..." You shake your head and wait for your wife. Though it seems all is in order. It is a White Christmas this year. The roads were good, but there was fresh white powder falling from the sky. It was beautiful. Something you wanted every year outside of when you were on the moped. Though it's stored at your parents house for now for your brother or if one of the sisters need it.

The drive was low and slow. White snow, Christmas traffic, and precious cargo on board. Being careful around any bump, corner, and easy on the gas. Winter weather or not.

"So did anyone give you advise about driving carefully?" Asked Nino.

"My father told me this. Well, to Alcutta actually. 'Son when it snows I expect you to drive like my mother is in the back seat in the middle holding a full pot of miso soup. And if you get soup over her she will look undignified at the shrine. So drive with care.' Yeah. Serious shit."

Nino giggled. "Your father probably sounded so serious."

"You remember the first night I came home from your apartment he had the sword and my mother smacked him with a paper fan?" You nodded with a smirk.

"Yeah?"

"Exactly. Not surprising at all."

"I hope you don't get like that." Your wife sighed.

"Hey. I don't start speaking in blunt talk."

"Oh wait. Don't tell me..." She closed her eyes.

"Why you no home? Why home late?"

"Boo. Baby. Just no. Please..." Even Nino should have known what she was getting into a long time ago, it was becoming clear now.

"On the bright side, I'm not that guy. And even though your father is my boss, I know he wasn't a consistent figure until we all graduated for the most part. But like I said during our vows. I promise to be the best I can. I'm ready for it."

"I am too." She smiled with excitement. "You nervous at all?"

"I'd be full of shit if I said no. Of course I am. But at least money isn't the issue here like most people. You can take off work as much as you want."

"So you can't take care of me?" Huffed Nino.

"At night I can. And as if Yotsuba or Miku can't take the time off. Itsuki is teaching and who knows what Ichika's schedule is like. That's totally different. Now if Pops let's me, I'm doing it."

"I get it Boo. But let's go in and get there safely. It will be hard to avoid certain things but I'll be okay."

"No sushi and wine? That why?"

"A little would be amazing. Still. One holiday or two can't kill me without it. Oh well."

~~~~~

Try as the two of you might. This secret couldn't go on for long. I mean for Maruo he has two daughters that are steady relationships. One being he paid for a wedding already. The other one, there is a good chance that the question has been discussed and it was just a matter of when. Then he had all five with solid careers. One being an international star. Proud was a weak word for his feelings. His father figure status in question, but he did let all the girls stay under his care even at the present time.

Walking in was going to be interesting. The bump on Nino wasn't there quite yet. But the dress really did help since it didn't hug her curves too much. Then there was the plus that there were no pets since many believe that they can smell it. Then to top it off, Maruo when it came to the really important family matters he was towards the dense side. You knew this well. More than anyone. Even the girls. There are things you learned about the boss that the girls wouldn't know. And since you had a good reputation for keeping this secret, he had no clue.

"Welcome to the second home." Greeted Yotsuba as you and Nino walked into the apartment. 

Just like old times. The three girls had a lot of decorating and for this occasion Maruo put a large catering on his card. It was an amazing Christmas Eve. Then spending the night at the apartment to boot. They'll know the news so it will be even better. A little help would be nice.

"So how's things you two?" Asked Itsuki.

"Working. Learning. That sort." You replied. This technically wasn't wrong. It was just the matter at hand. You were the younger child and never saw your mother pregnant. Then learning off from books. The ones that new pregnant women beg their baby daddies or lovers to read so they have a clue. And since that took you about a week from from to back periodically, this was grand so far in this long journey.

"So. Glass of wine for anyone at dinner?" Asked Ichika setting glasses at the table.

"Please." Maruo nodded as he walked over to the head of the table.

"We're alright tonight." You insisted.

"Huh?" Asked Maruo. "It's a good occasion."

"Well, cutting back." You said nervously.

"On what? Dieting on Christmas?" Gasped Itsuki.

"I said Nino and I were doing this together after she proposed it."

"So you've been cheating the diet at work?" Smirked Maruo.

"Thanks for ratting me out. Yeah, I have. Can't lie."

Nino sighed. "Thanks for trying Boo but I'll handle this." She blushed as she was getting a little choked up. Standing up from her chair. "I wanted to tell everyone a little later tonight but-" Rubbing her stomach and smiling. "(FN) and I are expecting."

"HUH!?" Gasped the girls.

"It was only a matter of time." Maruo smiled and shook his head. "Well, it was either grandchild aboard or Fuutaro and Miku take a next step." Either way it was another wedding to pay for or a grandchild to spoil. Pick your poison Grand Papi.

The girls all smiled and went around to hug Nino and rub the baby bump. Maruo and Fuutaro had a cheers with you. This was going to be an amazing night. And dinner didn't even start yet. Oh what a life. The snow, the family, the cheers, and you were excited full speed ahead to be a father. Merry Christmas. 

~~~~~

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for all. I love you guys. Thank you for another year. I've been weighing everything here and there and what is next and still happy to be here. May be here a little less than I want to be, but I am still here.

-Rel