Ch 5 - Waking

Hey. Time to get up.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You blink a few times and roll over. Sure enough you the carpet. Again... You groan and blink a few times. "What the hell happened?"

"I don't know. Nino? Got something to say?" Itsuki looked over.

"I'm sorry I put instant sleeping powder in your tea." Sighed Nino. She couldn't even look at you.

"What the hell?" You tried to get up and feel dizzy. You ended up sitting back on the sofa and trying to focus on your breathing. A little lightheaded. "Man. My head."

"You might want this." Miku walked over a cup of coffee. 

"This going to knock me out again?" You glared at her.

"Just coffee to help."  You took the mug and she made her way over to her spot on the sofa. "Thank you Miku." Taking a sip you smile. "That's a mean cup. Truly."

"Better?" Asked Yotsuba.

"Better. Thanks girls." 

"If you don't mind, we had a few questions." Itsuki sat down next to you.

"About what? Me? Toro? Fuutaro. Sorry."

"I caught that you two are close. And know your brother isn't around anymore. Does that mean he passed? We can relate when it comes to death." Eased Ichika.

"Prison." You put your head down. Hearing the girls gasp you shut your eyes. "Harsh I know."

"How long?" Asked Miku.

"I forget. I want to say he got lucky and only got a few years. He will be free probably when I get married or something like that." That sounds very mellow talking about someone's prison time.

"What did he do and why does it relate to you?" Asked Nino.

"You can say wanted to be a bad boy. But at the end of the day it came down to money. Fuutaro wasn't really involved. It was me that played a bigger role in this operation. You see how Fuutaro's hair is black? Me and him bleached it at one point. Two blondes stirring up trouble and my brother was the one who made all the moves."

"What did he get arrested for?" Asked Itsuki.

"Alcutta 'Alpha' (LN). Or Alc-Star. Selling tobacco, vape, and alcohol to minors, countless unpaid smoking tickets in certain areas, and to add insult to injury pushing a policeman which was assault. It all hit all at once and he put all of it on himself." 

Nino gasped. "No way."

You go into your wallet and grab a small picture of yourself a few years ago. Bleached hair and earring in the left ear. "Try me." Passing it over to you.

"This is you!?" Nino gasped as all the other girls gathered around to see.

"Toro and I took our earrings out a while back. Still got the scar on my ear. Hole closed by now. But yes that was me. Eventually went to black and that grew out and you see my natural color now. But please girls, don't mention any of this to him. He will shun me. And I owe him as is."

"It about money?" Pondered Yotsuba.

"Yes and no. He is my best friend yes. But I feel like if there was any way I would be there for him to help him with finances I would do it. When my brother had his operation, it was about money. Nothing else. He had girls that he had small flings with but it all came down to money. As soon as he became of age he would sell stuff at parties for side money. Then it became this whole operation. Like we are talking me and Fuutaro got involved to help him find customers. Granted I didn't sell anything. I was an aid and that is what hurts me."