Ch 28 - Good Run

What goes well...

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It has been more towards months now since you and Nino have been together. She has been wearing your backup leather jacket to school and back as well to work, learning gradually, passed a few tests, and things all around the Quins, Fuutaro, and yourself were all cleared up. Things are positive and on your recognition, nothing has changed outside Nino getting a haircut. She thought you would hate it, but you thought it suited her pretty well. Those eyes and ribbons were still the same. Nino was Nino. 

A major difference though was she was coming over to your house more often. Instead of on the one off day, she made it two nights a week. Sunday and Wednesday. Unless there was test prep and there would be a reschedule. That was just it. Everything was going good. Grades up, less tension, and more love in the air. Which it also seemed obvious that all four of the girls with Fuutaro, started to be a little more than nice to him. Including Miku getting a job to learn how to cook just like Nino. 

With Ichika being Ichika with her dreams, Itsuki doing her best to be the best she ever can be, Yotsuba being the friend bringing need, and the two girls cooking, this all started to become organized chaos. To a point. Thought one man who never quit regardless of not being home was Maruo Nakano. Aka Pops.

Ebata was bringing in some sushi to get through a hectic Wednesday. After dropping Fuutaro and most of the girls off (no Nino) he grabbed some boxes to go for him and the boss to get through this awful day. Wasn't like they couldn't afford it by any means. 

"Maruo. Box break. Take five or ten. Today's mad." He walked over and placed a sushi box and chopsticks on his desk.

"Ebata you're a lifesaver. It has been just too much today. I was thinking about getting the girls a cab. But an afternoon snack or late lunch won't hurt if dinner might be late tonight. Pending these stubborn mules returning my calls." Maruo opened up the box. He was ready for a few minutes off.

"What time they getting back to you?" Asked Ebata setting himself up to eat on the other side of the desk.

"They said seven. Which that is absurd. How am I supposed to get things done tonight if they're are going to slack until what I consider meal time? I should be showering off and eating around that time. Not waiting for some quack with a confirmation and hope the email is same time."

"Agreed."

The phone rang. Maruo picked up. "Nakano." ... "Yes?"... "Really?" He seemed surprised. ... "Okay." He nodded and gave Ebata a thumbs up. "Yes." ... "Why certainly." ... "Alright. Will do." ... "Thanks." ... "Take care now." He hung up the phone.

Ebata was only able to get two sushi rolls in his system. "Don't tell me..." 

"I hope so ." Maruo got on his computer to get right onto his email. Surely enough sent the same minute. He clicked and opened up the documents. Maruo smiled. "Yes! Now that,  is what I wanted. Beautiful."

"Alright Bossman." Chuckled Ebata.

Maruo leaned back in his chair with a big, happy sigh of relief. "Ya see Ebata, you grease the hinges, the door opens." Then got up to eat.

"After this is out of the way what do you want to do? At this rate you are two or three hours early. I doubt anything will go wrong. You thought this would be here at seven. It's about four." Ebata had a point. What was he going to do?

"Not like I can play golf. As if I ever had the time outside a business event. Let's go check on the girls. It has been a while. I keep hearing good things. Makes me proud. And if not, you might be next in line Ebata."