Ch 35 - Compromise

Nino going to persuade you?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The boys had packed up their stuff. They said goodbye to you and Fuutaro and Nino gave you a kiss goodbye. You exited and were ready to drive Fuutaro home before going home yourself to get in the shower and eventually head to bed. Though as you left and got into the elevator Nino had something on her mind. She was going to address it immediately.

"Girls. I'm calling a meeting." She called out.

"What bright idea is this about?" Asked Itsuki.

"We need to talk. I want to know something." Replied Nino.

"Okay." Chimed Yotsuba getting comfortable on the couch.

"What's this all about?" Asked Ichika.

"I want to know something. If we graduate tomorrow, what's going on?"

"Huh?" Miku blushed.

"Well..." Itsuki didn't know either.

"I can work more of course." Smiled Ichika.

"I can-" Yotsuba looked down. "I see your point."

"I don't even know my GPA if I'll get accepted." Complained Itsuki.

"So question girls, who's going to university? Just Itsuki?" Asked Nino.

"I think so." Ichika looked around. "Nino, what's this all about?"

Nino shook her head and sighed. "This is about the boys Ichika. I'm worried about my boyfriend. But at the same time if Fuutaro goes to Tokyo, what then?"

"I don't want him to go away." Miku felt saddened.

"Neither do I. He's been such a help. I hated to admit it, but he's smart and he cares despite his acts." Even Itsuki had to give credit.

"So what are our options?" Nino asked around.

"I don't know any more." It was hitting Miku hard. It was overwhelming her and she couldn't hide it if she tried. Along with her being a hermit as is this was troubling.

"I have to put every ounce of energy into this or I won't go anywhere." Itsuki was scared but determined.

"I have everything hopefully in place. I'm worried about you girls." Said Ichika.

"Uhhh-" Yotsuba had no clue.

"I guess I'll be at a restaurant if the one now doesn't give me the time. I'm not sure what else. And I know (FN) told me he was looking at schools while Fuutaro is chasing the scholarship money. But he's number one. He'll go wherever he applies." Nino had this all figured out. But she and her sisters were all scared of it. "So what can we do girls?"

"You can convince your boyfriend to stay right?" Asked Ichika.

"I don't know. And then better yet, he is still searching options. Tokyo is put of the question, but I don't know what's his story. All I can say is he is looking local and they will see what he can do."

"Being a top 20 student you think money will be the issue for him?" Asked Itsuki.

"Father will pay for you to go to school. Not him. I don't know what his money situation is either. There is so much going on. And I don't want to step on his toes."

"You usually knock it out of them." Replied Miku.

"Well, okay you got me. But it's just we have invested so much in between us." Nino finally sat down. "It's a lot."

"Yeah, bike rides, dates, homework. The works." Itsuki pointed out.

"These boys drive me mad."

~~~~~

You had just gotten yourself a fresh haircut and fresh dress shirt and tie. Looking in the mirror to make sure you are sharp one last time before you leave.

"Baby."

"Come in." You called.

Nino walked in with a very nice dress on. Not too sexy and the color is just right. "How you feeling?"

"Honestly Nino, depressed."

"But why?" She was worried now.

You turn and faced her. "I've been thinking. About us. It's been a great run the last couple of months. Got to graduate, you got your job, and I'm heading taking off. Three hours by train."

"Hold on. What are you saying?"

"Nino, you deserve someone who will offer more. Someone who will pay for the date, bring you to any of the places including your house, his house, and vacations from Tokyo to LA to Paris. Nino, I'm not that guy and I don't want to waste your time. I'm hours away, I can't tend your needs, and lady luck is banging another guy."

"Is there someone else!?" She cried out. 

"Why would you assume that? If anything you would find someone soon and I would wait for a while."

"You're such an asshole!" She smacked you. "How could you do that to me? Picking a school far away and break up with me right before you go. How long were you planning this?"

/////

"HUH!?" Nino woke out of her sleep. Looking to her left and right to not see anybody around. Then hugging a medium sized pillow next to her. Not checking the time or her phone for notifications. Tears fell from her face and she whimpered there. a bad dream that shook her. Even with a tough, no nonsense way with a strong will something had to give. This nightmare she had wasn't good. It also meant that communication on both ends needed improvement. 

I'm not losing you. Yes you have a bigger gain in this than me, but I'm not going to sit here as you potentially go through change. I love you and miss you. I want you here. I want your comfort.

~~~~~

Which is why college changes relationships. I've been there. Now single after 8 years.

-Rel