Ch 42 - The Last Cram

Pay attention to the time skip.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

This what the last stop. Tomorrow would be the last exam. Nino and Miku had helped cook a fine meal for everyone as a token of accomplishment. Everything seemed to be all well. Looking around the table it was breathtaking for everyone. For the fresh rolls and then this would be the last supper before the final test. With results being calculated next week. All the girls seemed to have to really have a bad school in order to not pass. 

As you passed the bread around to the last person being Miku on your right you stood up. "Everyone I have a few words."

"Go for it. You speak better." Fuutaro smiled.

"Everyone this is it. We made it. All of us. I know only three of us are going to a school after this, but I am so happy for all of us. I hope that regardless of what happens that we can have many more meals like these.  I don't care what stops I have to pull here either. Times like these we should cherish."

"I agreed. You know Boo, we could host if we get an apartment."

"Eventually. Let me see how one semester goes and we will go with it."

"It's going to be tough." Sighed Itsuki. "But at least it can be tried. I can do it. I'm sure you and Fuutaro can do it."

"Well we are going to the same school Itsuki. Fuutaro? What did you do?"

"Well..." He stood up. "I know it's been uneasy. Especially with the distance and all but, I optioned to go to school somewhere else. I'll be an hour away by train, but Tokyo is out. The school funded everything including dormitory. But I plan on being back and forth as much as my budget allows me to."

"For sure. Least you aren't two far. The girls can bug you and such. Although," You turn to Ichika. "What's your next lead?"

"I have an audition for something soon. They are still getting scripts perfected." She smiled. "Though sky is the limit for me as you know."

"Okay. And Yotsuba?"

"Well... still working on it..." Yotsuba smiled.

"You got it. Don't you worry."

Itsuki started to grab the shrimp cocktail. "We all have plenty of time."

"Plenty." Giggled Nino.

"That's true. I mean doesn't mean everything turns to ruin after we graduate." Eased Miku.

"Exactly. But I want to thank all of you. I've bettered myself ever since the first day this year. Got to really do everything the way I wanted to. All good."

"You have Babe." Nino smiled. "Though you and Fuutaro better not meet some girl while at school. We'll beat her." Chuckling sarcastically. 

"Ay! Then what happens when Itsuki finds a guy? What are we going to do? See what happens after a dinner date?"

"I think he'll know what he's getting into." Giggled Ichika.

"Quit picking on me because I'm the youngest." Itsuki pouted.

"Cheers all."

"CHEERS!"

~~~~~

Late that night you found yourself in Nino's bed again while Fuutaro had a bed setup in the living room. You had just settled down a bottle of water on the nightstand and leaned comfortable on your side of the bed as she put it. Nino just got done brushing her teeth while you watched her come in. Wearing a short nightgown and walking over to get under the covers. 

"Ready?" You asked her.

"To be with you?" She got herself under the covers and scooted herself over to be in your chest. "Yes I am."

"Any concerns or are you good?" 

"Really the only concerns I have are outside school. Once we give all the effort to get out there, what is next? What's going to happen with Ichika and Yotsuba. How are Fuutaro and Itsuki going to do in school? Then there's Miku that I am concerned with. I want to work together with her when I work at the restaurant more."

"Got to see. And it's obvious she's into Fuutaro and he just doesn't know how to keep it all in check. I think it's because he is afraid that if emotions run high they will bomb a test. But you're right. I see him and Miku. She feels more confident with him around."

"Yeah, she does. But maybe you and Miku could get the money and takeover the place Fuutaro is stuck with. The place his mother bought before she passed. Maybe then everything will work itself out. You know, then all will be well. Ichika has her acting, you and Miku have the restaurant, Yotsuba will probably work there, and then Itsuki will find that teacher job in a pinch."

"Yeah, though I hope it's sorted out before you first class. Hope we can have dinner together like we have for all of these months. I'll miss it."

"We will figure it out. I promise you. I gave you my word. Haven't you noticed the way I adapted to make everything work? I'll do it again. I won't let anything be my obstacle if I can help it. Rent, pay it. Bills, work. Time, make the time dammit. It's how it works."

"You want to work, make me happy, and you are such a great guy. Why do you think I have you around?"

"'Cause I'm the boyfriend?"

"And I make you the boyfriend."

"Head of the family but controls the neck. Basically how it all goes. Though my parents asked what was next a few times. They were shocked I turned down two schools. But hey they see us working together down the line. It just comes down to a few weeks adjusting, enjoying it for a while, and we go from there right?" It looks like there is a general plan going forward. It is just a matter of when the two of you can do it. She is excited but something she isn't telling you.

"I'm nervous about leaving my sisters of course. Thank you for being so generous."

"There is a difference between a bad boy and an asshole. You told me that one. You know who I am better than myself. How's that for starters Queen?" Winking at her. 

"Baby. Let's rest and give tomorrow all we got. Then when graduation comes around everything will be figured out. And we shall sit with Father too."

"Okay. I'll negotiate."

"Same."

"Easy there. Keep your skirt on will ya?"

"I'm in a gown and I'm in bed with my lover. That's my choice." She kissed you. "And we can have plenty of love afterwards too."

~~~~~

This is it. The final stretch.

-Rel