Ch 50 - Proposal

Hopefully I don't cry.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You shake Maruo's hand and all you have to do is keep this ring safe. The apartment already has the deposit on there. The lease is for a year. No college debt to worry about. And you and Nino almost have everything unpacked. A few more boxes and you both will officially sleep there and consider it the first night of the new apartment. And that, is where the question will be popped up. Just a matter of time.

And as you still stand in Maruo's office your phone goes off. Nervous as hell you look to see that Nino is calling. "One moment..." You answer it. "Hey Nino."

< Hey Baby. I'm on break. I'm grabbing a quick bite. What are you doing? >

"Well, uhhh, I got called into the office. Can I call you back... "

< Sorry Boo. Text me. > She hung up.

"Smart boy. But, don't get fancy ideas in the future for now." Said Maruo firmly.

"Called into Father's Office for what? A busy man didn't randomly invite me to dinner. She would think something is off. I believe after tonight we are all unpacked. Once she starts to relax I think that's when I give propose to her. And she won't say no. I do have to call her back though. is there anything else while I am here and I know that I am on precious time?

"The wedding I will take care of. I'll plan it with my girls. Just worry about you and be the best man you can be. You showed me up. You have nothing left to prove other than living with her full time. Good evening."

"Thank you Maruo. Good evening. And to you as well Ebata."

"Ga'night." You wave and leave the office. Though after the door was shut those two were bound to talk through these things.

"Okay. Are you happy?" Asked Ebata to his boss.

"Working, going to school that's all expenses paid because of his brains, is a gentleman and if he takes care of this stage I can hand her off with confidence. Until then just say yes and have them figure it out. When she fully trusts living with him is when I put the wedding into plan. That will be Nino's decision. She's old enough. Bold enough. Been with him for a few years now. And Miku and Itsuki have years."

"True."

You make it outside the hallway and call Nino back. You should have a few minutes. "Sorry. How are you?"

< Not bad. Weeknight helps of course. That and some people are just in to drink tonight. Makes my job easier. They order appetizers all night and go from there. >

"I gotcha. I just can't wait for you to get home. First night in the new apartment right? Just look at it together hand in hand. You know. Then we will hit the shower and head off to bed."

< You got that right. It feels like a month to get all the packing and such done. >

"Only been a little over a week too. The furniture is just a pain. The rest is fine. Well, by car." You chuckled.

< Exactly. > She laughed too. 

"Too right."

< Tonight. I'll take off to eat before getting back to it. Is my man tired tonight? >

"Just waiting for you to get home. I'll meet you at work to pick you up. Then we go from there. The usual routine. We good?"

< Alright Boo. Bye now. >

"See ya Queen." You hang up. "Of the new castle."

~~~~~

There is a few hours to kill. Nino has three to four hours of work left. All you can do is go to the apartment, clean up, make sure you have everything (just being sure), and make the place look nice for when she comes home. You put the ring inside of a shoe and make sure the setting is alright. You may be overthinking it, but it is about breaking the ice. Then what do you do until you have to pick her up? Hope the time goes fast and that is it.