Ch 19 - Forward

I know it seems like I'm speeding through this, but I am really enjoying myself and taking my time. "Now let's keep 'er moving der guy."

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Tomorrow was an off day. The final bell rang as everyone wanted to just go home. Some were going to head out to the arcade, the theater, diners and restaurants, and all sorts. With a day off tomorrow people deserved it. And then as you swapped your shoes with a smile you look over at Nino.

"So what's the plan tonight?" You ask.

"How about homework and we go on a date?" She asked.

"There we go. Sweet. Where you want to go?"

"How about we go to the house, group homework, and we will decide where to head from there?"

"Good by mean. Let's get rolling then."

"You remember to check your tire?" Just yesterday you had mentioned something. The moped has had the same tires for a long time. Logic kicks in that way.

"I actually did. Just a little air and it's fine."

"Alright. Let's get to it."

"Before I forget. Take this." She took something out of her bag. Handing over what looked like a credit card.

"Nino?" That's a lot of responsibility right there.

"Gas card. Take it."

"Nino I'm a little uncomfortable accepting these gifts."

"You've been driving me home for basically a whole week. Just take it. I'm not accepting no for an answer." She demanded.

"Okay Queen. I got it. With that said, you put the card in your wallet and get on with it. Although you got someone's attention of course.

In the front of a limousine door closes and the driver does a head count. "Okay that's four and one male."

< You're telling me one is missing again? >

"Correct sir."

< Urrrrrrg. Fine. Thank you. > He hung up.

"Hmmm. That's not good." The driver looked in the back. "Ladies? Sir? We ready?"

"All clear." Waved Ichika. As they set off to their luxury apartment.

As you were getting to your pick and just about to put your helmet on you got a call. "Ah boy." You pick it up. "Hello?"

< Afternoon. You have my daughter? >

"Yes sir."

< You better not be getting any ideas there. This is business. >

"I understand-" The phone got swiped from you.

"What is it Father?"

< Nino? What's going on between you and that boy? >

< I asked him to drive me around the block to grab gummy fish for a snack while I watch a movie tonight in my room. Then we're studying with the girls as a group with both boys. I work tomorrow remember. >

< Oh alright. Fine. But keep this a professional relationship. You haven't proved to be passing and I don't want a boy in a house I pay for taking advantage of me. >

"Oh just you!?" That fired her up. "Let me tell you something. Listen to me very carefully. These two maybe rough around the edges, but have great intentions for all of us. You better have that click. If I want to ride on the back of a moped because I get snacks halfway home or study at the library that's my problem."

< Very well I guess. But do not make me step in. You and those boys won't like it. Particularly that boy. >

"If you didn't trust him then why offer him to drive me home?"

< My assistant was busy. >

"'Kay bye." Click. "Here."

"I don't have the balls to go 'Kay bye and click." Your mouth hung open shocked. Was Nino just that strong or did she just not care about what Father Nakano had to say? You take back the phone.

"I have the nerve to stand up for myself. Didn't you do that in your line of work?"

"We don't talk about that. But I have no problem doing what I have to do." You take her hand. "But a man has to compromise and I don't want you having a hard time."

"Think you'll lose me?" She asked hesitant of your answer.

"No I don't. But if it can makes things easier for us I'll bite my tongue. How's that?"

"Okay then."

~~~~~

The next day you were planning on sleeping in. It wasn't a super long night, but take the off day to sleep in and check the homework. Life has been to the fullest with Nino and the sisters. Dates, good food, the good sensation of teaching and tutoring the girls as a whole, and the busy life is here to stay. So as you check your phone it's about 9:00. You're in some comfortable black sweats and a plain t-shirt. I will be sometime before you get a phone call from Nino or Maruo Nakano. 

You smile as you gaze at the ceiling about what happened last night. After a long session and doubling down on essay assignments that are coming up. Including you and Kuro doing one. So much got done. And then there was something you got to do that was on your mind for a number of years. Driving her down to the diner, grabbing what you are in the mood for, and drive her home. A nice way to bond and get out for a while. You were feeling it every time Nino held on. Which was nearly daily at this point.

It's getting a little crazy with everything going on. Going out with Nino, midterms are coming, and eventually you and Nino are going to want to move this relationship along. Which it depends on when the time is right. Her father seems like a control freak. At the same time he's like a silent partner in a business. That's not how it should be. Ah well. Let's not stress right now.

It was time to get out of your room and grab a plate of food. To make your presence known. Grab a banana and some juice and kick back. Mom is having a cup of coffee and Pops is reading the paper. It was a peaceful and tranquil sight.

The doorbell rang. Your mother got up. "I wonder who that could be?"

"Could be anyone." You shrugged your shoulders.

Your mother walks over to the door and slides it open. "Oh! Ohhh... Hello."

"Ma?" You get up and head over to the door. "Uh-"

Seems that you have a visitor. Not just any kind either. One with long pink hair and ribbons in it. A black casual dress at that. This wasn't a normal visitor.

"Hi Boo."

~~~~~

~~~~~

Unexpected. And Ma has several questions of course.

-Rel