Chapter 3 ➼︎Teddy!

[Author Note: In this chapter it will give more detail to what Fiona's sheltered life was like over seas

[Author Note: In this chapter it will give more detail to what Fiona's sheltered life was like over seas. Then in the next chapter will be of Meg & John's wedding as well as Laurie telling Jo his true feelings for her.]

Dedication: CandiceMichele

Chapter 3~Teddy!

I was in the kitchen helping Hannah make something for tonight's dinner. I was really enjoying cooking here at home. We had a cook in my home, I never was able to cook in our kitchen.

So this was new for me. And Hannah enjoyed teaching me how to cook. Though I felt I was not very good at it. I hoped I did not burn everything that we made today. I had flour all over my hands. I was sweating in the kitchen.

I never had a job or worked in my life. This was work. I liked getting dirty. Sweaty. I could not help but smile and wonder what my mother would think of me.

I had to learn how to cook if I were to get a husband. Men liked it when women cooked. I knew this. And I wanted to cook for my family. Not just hire help for them.

I get the rolls out of the oven. And set them on the table. They were a perfect golden brown. I was pleased with the out come. I did it!

All on my own to. Well with Hannah's help. Next Meg was going to set the table. I wanted to see how to fold the napkins like swans. I loved to learn.

•✿︎︎•

"You, did perfect today, Fiona! It smells wonderful in here" praises Hannah.

"Thank you! That means a lot coming from you Hannah" I say feeling pleased.

"You should have been there Fiona! We had such a grand time today" Jo speaks loudly as she comes in the room.

"Should have saw what Jo?" I mutter.

"I went fishing with Teddy today. I caught more fish than he or Mr. Brooke" she brags happily.