Chapter 9 ➼︎ Courtship

[Author Note 📝: Sorry it's been awhile for an update on this story

[Author Note 📝: Sorry it's been awhile for an update on this story. I am enjoying writing it. I want to do well on it! I had sometime to sit down and write a full chapter today! It was fun to do!]

 I want to do well on it! I had sometime to sit down and write a full chapter today! It was fun to do!]

Chapter 9, Courtship

Summer had gone so fast and now it had become fall. The rain finally stopped. I went out to for a walk when it was nice. Meg went along with me. We stopped by an orchard in town. We got apples. We picked berries. We also got a few pumpkins. Soon Halloween was going to be here. I did not really take part in Halloween celebrations. But I did believe there are spirits. And we went some place once we were dead.

I liked to believe that our loved ones passed on to heaven. But there was no way of knowing. Not unless you were dead, they you would know. I always enjoyed carving pumpkin's as a child.

As well as an adult. I did not like wasting the pumpkin parts. So, we often cooked the guts into pies. As well as washed, salted and cooked the seeds. They made a yummy treat. I liked to press leaves into books as well. And find them the next fall.

Then make a craft out of them. I liked to find the perfect colorful leaf. A big one. Some small ones as well. From all different trees.

Leaves came in all shapes colors and sizes. The house smelled so nice. Auntie and Meg were baking jams and pies on the stove. The sun peaked out in the trees. I loathed winter weather.

Going out in blistery weather was not my cup of tea. I did enjoy Christmas as well as Christmas festivities'. I also enjoyed Thanksgiving.

With large family meals. I often tended to overlook Thanksgiving. Because it was a family event. My family was gone. I was not sure how I felt about that. I am sure it would come when Thanksgiving came here.

I was busy going through items for fall in my belongings from Paris. Meg was coming up the stairs. She was coming to see what I was doing. I had a feeling she was missing her sisters. I sure missed Amy and Jo. I knew if I had known Beth that I would miss her as well.