Chapter 5 ➼︎ Artistic Attempts!

[Author Note: In the book Goodwives, Amy has a going away party she pays for for her friends

[Author Note: In the book Goodwives, Amy has a going away party she pays for for her friends. I am using some of the ideas from that part of Miss Alcott's book. But in her book Beth is still around and this was after Meg's wedding. Not all scenes changed! Enjoy! More to come!]

Dedication: ShelleyratedxMJ

Chapter 5~Artistic Attempts

I had not saw Laurie since we got into a little argument. We were all getting ready to say farewell to Miss Amy. Then our Jo was going to be leaving us to. She decided to head out to New York.

To have new adventures away from sad memories here. I guess I can understand that. Because I could not wait to get away from my home. Where I had been all alone after my parents had passed away.

I knew Jo would be homesick for us as we would be homesick for her as well. But we would write to her as often as we could.

I would be sure to fill her up on what all was going on at home. And she could tell me all about New York. Maybe I could venture out with Aunt Margert to see her there once she was all settled in.

That would be exciting. I knew in time once Laurie cooled off his temper he would be back, and we all would be the best of friends again.

But seeing as Jo turned down his offer of marriage, he was sore. He was going to be for some time. I was hurt myself. I thought he had taken a fancy to me. But I had been wrong upon that.

Jo was the only one in Laurie's heart. Not I. I must move on and get on with my life.

There were plenty of other men out there maybe Meg could introduce me around. Maybe John had some friends I could meet up with.

Someone who had no attachment to Jo. Someone who would only have eyes for me. If there was such a man out there for me. Uncle says we all have soulmates. I was not so sure about that myself.