Chapter 16 ➼︎ Trains

Chapter 16, Trains

Chapter 16, Trains

I sit there with my hands in my lap. My heart was racing a mile a min. My tears kept wanting to fall. Soon the half hour was speeding by. I wondered if anyone noticed I had yet to return back home.

If they wondered about me? I doubted it. I knew everyone was busy packing my things up. I grabbed my handkerchief and dry some tears that escaped my eyes.

I really did not want to leave. But I could not stand in the way of Jo's love for Laurie or his for her. And if I stayed then I was truly only going to be in the way. I could not stay. I did not belong here.

This was no longer my home. I had to let it go. I would write a goodbye letter to Laurie once I was home. That was the least I owed him after all we had been through and what he meant to me.

But I was never going to tell him I loved him and that my heart was breaking.

•✿︎︎•

"There you are! You are not going anywhere Fiona March!" I hear someone yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Laurie?!" I gasp. I sit up and turn around. I see Laurie there. Rushing as fast as he could to reach me.

Then without warning he tackles me into a hug.

"Thank god! Thank god I made it here in time! Thank god" he cries. He holds onto me. "you are not getting on that train! You are not leaving us" he declares. "I will hold onto you until it leaves" he promises me.

"How? How did you know I was here?" I stammer as he held me tightly. I wrap my arms around him.

"Your letter! Jo found it and I rushed right here and I ran and ran as fast as I could" he gasps. He sounded out of breath.

Like he was in tears to.

•✿︎︎•

"You have to let me go Laurie. I know that you plan to ask Jo to wed you. I am happy for you but I need space and I cannot stay here" I tell him.

"Stupid girl!" he groans.

He pulls apart. Then kisses me. The best kiss of my life. I return his passionate firy kiss.

"I was asking uncle for you're hand in marriage! Not Jo's!" he declares after the kiss. Then he kisses me once more.

"Me? " I stammer.

"You!" he states. "I don't want Jo! I do not love Jo! I love you Fiona March! You keep pushing me away. I won't let you anymore"

"You love me? You want to marry me?" I stammer as happy tears come to me.

He kneels before me. Just as he does get a ring out for me the train whistle blows and leaves.

"Fiona March....will you...."