Chapter 7 ➼︎ Lazy Laurie

[Author Note: In the story Laurie heads to be where Amy is at this point but here he stays home instead because he has Fiona to lean on and their true friendship begins]

Dedication: julieczyras

Chapter 7, Lazy Laurie

I was missing my family. Jo had left a few days after Amy. The house was quiet. I wrote by night and learned how to cook with Hannah. Then my aunt helped me out by teaching me prayer.

Helping me with my grief. Aunt March would just tell me to pray and bide my time. I kept it all in most of the time. I never really had anyone to share with. I was grateful to be able to power through and get into life once again. I had not saw Laurie since the party.

He had promised me we would be good friends. A good friend called upon one another. But he had not. It made my heart sink. I guess Jo broke his heart. He could not handle it that she was gone. How would one get him over her? Make him see there were other girls out there in the world. Ones who might be better suited for him? 

Ones such as me? Or Amy? Just to get over Jo.

I never really had a broken heart. Well all but the time when I lost my beloved family. That gave me a broken heart. And a broken spirit. I learned a lot about a broken heart.

I was yet to learn how to mend one. Maybe it would mend in time. Day by day. My aunt talked a lot about her beloved Beth. I loved to hear stories about Beth. She seemed so kind and so gentle. I would have loved to get to spend time with her.

Someone knock's on our front door.

•✿︎︎•

"Could you go get that Fiona?" asks Hannah.

"Certainly" I tell her. I go to answer the door. And there was Laurie.

I was surprised. He grins at me.