Chapter 4 ➼︎ Meg's Wedding Day!

[Author Note: In the book Beth was alive for Meg's wedding

[Author Note: In the book Beth was alive for Meg's wedding. But here she is not. So do not forget the change here in the storyline! Enjoy the update! Thanks for reading]

Dedication: Roxydog05

Chapter 4~Meg's Wedding Day

I was becoming quite the homebody. But today, was Meg's wedding to John Brooke. Today was a most special day. Everyone was in such a good mood. Everyone but Jo it seemed.

I wondered why Jo was so down on such a happy occasion. I had to talk with her alone. She had helped me so much since I came here. I felt the need to reach out to dear Jo. 

Jo was standing alone while us girls were fawning over Meg. And her lovely wedding dress. Meg was wearing her Marmee's dress. She looked radiant. I hoped one day that I could get married to.

To some wonderful man who loved me for myself. Meg was beautiful with her glowing smile. Her happy bright eyes. She was going to make the most beautiful bride that this town had ever had.

•✿︎︎•

"Jo can you tie this ribbon in the back?" Meg asks her sister.

"Do it yourself. I need some fresh air for a moment" mutters a very grumpy Jo. She rushes out of there. My heart goes out to her.

I follow after Jo. 

"Jo! Wait for me" I call out to her.

She waits for me.

"Do not bother lecturing me. Marmee already has. I will be nice during the wedding. But I won't be happy about it. I never shall. Nothing, will ever be the same again. Beth should be here with us all to celebrate. She always wanted to meet you. She loved getting postcards from you. And she always knew Meg was going to be the first one of us girls to get married off. Why do things have to always change? I loved them as they were. My sisters and I" she bitterly says softly.