Chapter 21 ➼ Wedding Plans

Chapter 21, Wedding Plans

The wedding was getting to be so close! We were all excited of course. But I knew I was most excited out of any of them. Next wedding to plan was Jo's wedding to the Professor.

Then all of us March girls would be married!  I was sitting outside that beautiful day with my family. Just us girls. Marmee and Hannah were planning the big wedding dinner. And the wedding cake as well.

Hannah was jotting down notes as Marmee asked me a million questions about what I wanted for my wedding day. We were planning an outdoor wedding here as Meg had. I simply loved the idea for it.

•✿•

"What kind of cake do you want Fiona?" Hannah asks me.

"Well....I love vanilla with cream cheese frosting. I love pinks so it could have pink candy flowers and the bride and groom on top of course" I add.

"Great choice! John and I had chocolate cake that was my favorite as well as his!" says Meg.

"Maybe I should ask Laurie his favorite after all it's his wedding day to" I mention thoughtfully.

"Laurie likes any kind of cake. He loves sweets" laughs Jo. Amy nods agreeing with her.

"Even so. Mind if I ask him first?" I ask Hannah.

"Go right ahead sweetie" Hannah says to me as she smiles.

We chat away. I see John coming with the babies. Laurie was helping him carry one of the cute twins. Laurie was going to make a fantastic father someday. Meg gets up to greet them. She takes her baby from Laurie.

"We were just talking about you!" laughs Jo to Laurie.

"Good things I hope?" chuckles Laurie.

"We are wondering what kind of cake is your favorite we are planning the wedding cake details out" I explain to him. He sits beside me on the ground on the old blanket.

"I love all kinds...."
"I knew it!" laughs Jo.

"My all time go to favorite though has to be vanilla" he answers.

"Oh you two are so perfect for each other!!" gushes Amy. Laurie's face turns red.

"What did I say??" he wonders.
I place my hand on top of his.
"I said the same thing so they are teasing" I laugh. He kisses my cheek.

"Well, I do agree. We are meant for each other" he sweetly says.

"I loved the letter you gifted me" I whisper so everyone could not hear me.

"I'm so glad you did" he says with a smile.

"Would you like to go for a walk with me? It's so beautiful out" I mention. I know that men are supposed to ask you to be alone with them. But I needed a break from wedding planning.