Chapter 20 ➼ Story Time

Chapter 20 Story Time

It was such a happy day! Amy was home. We visited her all day today. Meg went home with John.

Fredrick was staying over with them until he had married Jo. So now it was only myself with Jo and Amy up in the attic.

We were enjoying what was left of Hannah's oatmeal cookies and some tea. I could hear Laurie playing on his piano next door. The music was so lovely and very relaxing to hear. I sighed as I lean back on the couch.

•✿•

"What was it like? When Laurie asked you to marry him?" Amy asks me.

"I told you all about it in my letter" I laugh.

"Oh, I am sure you did not tell everything" she teases.

"Some things are not meant to be told" I giggle as I blush.

I tell her in detail how he stopped me from leaving and going to be with her overseas. And how he asked me to marry him. Once again. Amy loved hearing romantic stories. Jo liked to write them, but I was sure she was sick of hearing this love story.

"How romantic" gushes Amy.

"Tell me how you all met Laurie? I mean you wrote about him. But you never told me where you met him? Next door?' Or in town?" I beg to know.

Jo raises her eyebrow at me. Then giggles.

"What?!"

"You are at that stage" says Jo.

"That she is" agrees Amy.

"What stage? What on earth are you talking about?" I sigh.

"The stage where you love talking about him. Thinking about him. Dreaming about him" jokes Jo. "that is all you want to do stage"

I am really blushing now.

•✿•

"I am not at that stage" I sigh. I was though. They were right about that.

"We had seen Laurie many times next door but we had not met him right away" Amy tells me.

"Yes, Meg and I met him at a party. I was running away from some boy that was after me to get me to dance with him. And then I ended up sitting in his lap once I thought I was hiding" laugh's Jo. "we were both surprised. Then Laurie let me hide out with him"

"How sweet of him" I gush.

"Meg twisted her ankle dancing. And Laurie offered to take them home in his carriage because she was hurt. He even put snow on her ankle to keep the swelling down" brags Amy. "That night I wished it was me. And Jo told me we were to be friends with a boy" she laughs.