103. wake up

A D O M A N I A

ciii||wake up

In the hours that followed, Regulus had drifted into a much needed sleep with his head resting on the mattress and his position in the chair is something that he will probably regret when he tries standing. But he couldn't leave her side c not until she wakes.

Maria Potter sucks in a deep breath as her eyelids flutter open slightly before snapping shut at the intense light, it feels as though she hasn't seen daylight in years. She hadn't been very aware whilst in her 'coma' but she had been in a sort of dream created by her subconscious. It was nice. She was with Regulus — or a version of Regulus that her subconsciousness had created — in a house in the middle of nowhere. It was so peaceful. She was aware she wasn't meant to be there as Regulus had explained it to her, she doesn't know why but she's grateful it wasn't just darkness.

She slowly lets her eyes flutter open, taking a few moments to adjust to the sunlight leaking through the curtains in her familiar bedroom. She looks to her right and sees a machine that's scribbling zigzags that she can only assume to be her heart rate. Then she looks her her left and sees Regulus' peaceful, sleeping face. His eyes are closed and he's breathing softly, his tousled hair drooping over his closed eyes slightly.

"Regulus?" Maria murmurs hoarsely, feeling strange to use her voice and Regulus instantly wakes up, looking at her with wide, relieved eyes.

"Ria? Are you. . .you're awake."

"Yeah, what's all th—" Maria's throaty whisper is cut off by Regulus grabbing her face gently and pressing his lips down on hers making her let out a deep sigh through her nose, kissing him back softly.

"For fuck sake—I can't believe you're finally awake." Regulus whispers as she goes to sit up but winced at the sharp pain in her side making Regulus push her back into the pillows. He moves a few so she's propped up slightly. "You're still healing. Don't worry, Poppy's paste should work amazingly."

"How long was I. . ?"

"It's been five months, sweetheart." Regulus whispers and Maria's eyes well with a small amount of tears, her lips gaping at the boy before her who stoned her cheek with his thumb in a soothing manner. "But everything's okay, everyone's fine."

Regulus doesn't feel like he should be the one to reveal to her that her parents had passed away whilst she was out of it so he leaves it out.

"Where's James?"

"He's in his room." Regulus says, kissing her knuckles. "Him and Lily stayed here tonight but they moved into the house in Godrics Hollow."

"Can I. . .can James come in here?" Maria mutters and Regulus nods, kissing her forehead as he exits for a moment before James skids to a stop after speeding through her open bedroom door.