6 Cafe Americano

"Isn't that Amanda? I saw her and Steve's brother earlier."

"I heard she's hitting on him now."

"Really? So who do you think he is the actual father of the kid?"

"I bet non of them. I heard she's been around. Different men every night, that's why she closes the shop, that's her side hussle."

"What a bitch. Oh well, that's the only thing she's good for, a guys past time."

"I bet Jungkook is just being kind to her. C'mon look at her, who would seriously want a relationship with her. She's fat and ugly. I haven't seen any man who would even want to stand or sit next to her."

I tried not to mind what the group of ladies saying but it's too loud not to notice..

"What can I get you dear?" The barista asked. She looked like she's in her senior. It's nice to see this cafe does not discriminate people who would want to work. Something I also advocate in my company.

The nice old lady seem to notice my uneasiness "Don't mind them dear, those ladies just can't help but gossip. If you're uncomfortable you can sit on the couch at the far end"

"Or Mr. Handsome can sit with us" the ladies who were gossiping earlier said in unison. "Wow they really got good ears"

"Thank you for the offer but I'm actually with someone" I said turning back to the barista. "One, Cafe Americano please."

She smiled and asked "Would you also like to order something for your companion?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do but I am unsure what she likes. Let me go ask her first. Do you mind?"

"No, go ahead."

I smiled and called out to Amanda who looked up surprised and confused at the same time.

"Love, anything you like to go? Something we can drink at home?"

And with that, the ladies gasped and the nice barista giggled .......