17 Coffee Crumble

───── ❝ AMANDA POV ❞ ───────

"So, you're not gay?" I asked, looking at him then out the window. He looks and act different. He seem indifferent. I guess this is the real him.

"No Amanda. No I'm not"

I gave out a small laugh "and all this time I thought you and Jin are gonna be a thing." I was seriously considering matchmaking.

I looked at him intently remembering the times he's at the cafe "So...all those women at the cafe that you spoke with. Correction. Flirted with, I guess all knew who you are."

"Yes."

"All except for me"

"All except for you"

"Taehyung?" I asked

"He knows"

"Joonie?"

He nodded.

"Don't tell me Kookie and Jimin also know you, the real you?"

"They do"

I slouched defeated. Am I really that dense and gullible?

"You were just pre occupied that you didn't notice something trivial" he said Seriously? Can he also read minds?

His face soften. "You're face, is easy to read Amanda. Sometimes you also say things out loud without meaning to."

I sighed again. "I'm sorry, one of my many flaws"

"Don't be. That's one of the things I like about you". He said, his face, again, serious. I honestly don't know what he meant but it sent butterflies in my stomach. I looked away.

"I apologize for lying and for agreeing to this arrangement. Jin was trying to fix me up and he thought living with you and Drew was a good idea." He started "Apparently, I need someone to complete me. To slow me down and to show me what love actually means. He believes that I've been wasting my life on business overtimes and meaningless parties and he said I need to find someone I would spend my time and attention to because I've been a selfish brat for a long time."

"And was he successful in showing you all those in your 5 month stay in Queensland? And has the cafe also helped you find your prospective match?"

"Well, it did slow me down, but it made me realize his concept was flawed"

"Flawed? In what way?" I wondered

"I don't think I need someone to complete me, I found I needed someone to share everything with so we can make our lives complete.... isn't that the meaning of love?"

"It never occured to me you're the romantic type. I do envy the woman who caught your eye" I said teasing.

"I'm not....a romantic person." He answered "I'm stating it as a matter of fact. Relationship is about sharing a part of yourself to someone you are attracted to without loosing your own identity and yet you support and care for each others individual endeavors. A mutual understanding between two people who holds on to the promise of always choosing each other no matter how easy or tough the situation is or whomever they are in the past, at present or in the future,"

I sighed....Such a perfect man. How I wish I've waited for someone like him a few years back, then my life could've been different. My heart suddenly beat faster as I stared at the fine man in front of me. What's happening with you A, are you falling for him over again? Yup, again....

He's an eye candy and you've always liked him since you first saw him. How handsome he is, how gentle he was with you and Drew and how mysterious - always quiet and observing. You secretly wished he didn't prefer men and now that you know the truth.....you know well he is definitely off limits. Rich, young, handsome, successful, most eligible bachelor in the country, yup not someone who would settle for less. You wishing that he'll like you is like wishing for the moon to be served to you on a silver platter. Plus, you are of course substandard and older than him, Divorced and a fat single mom. Who would want someone like you right? Definitely not the likeness of a Min Yoongi. Definitely he has high standards when it comes to a woman he would want to enter a relationship with.